You can type here any text you want

WB02 problems/Dakota

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnny5

Hey all....I installed the FAST computer in my '99 Dakota and am working out the bugs. Current problem is an ACTUAL A/F RATIO reading of 15.94 (steady) and 0% 02 CORRECTION. All other readings are dancing around. I have 12 volts to the WB02 sensor and UEGO readings of 4.6-4.8 (UEGO), 3.8 (UEGO "r"), and 0.45 (UEGO "s"). I have a WB icon in the lower right hand corner of my screen. Any ideas? I'm thinking bad WBO2 sensor. Also, anyone out there with .gct files for a blown 318? Thanks....John....

Did you enable the O2 correction in the software (closed loop enable)?

Is your engine above the minimum temperature for the O2 sensor to go into closed loop?

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Bob, thanks for the reply. I have the closed loop enabled and currently have the temperature and closed loop rpm settings low enough (25 deg/700 RPM) to remove them from the equation. I run the engine long enough to warm up so that shouldn't be a factor. Anything I'm forgetting here? Again, thanks....John....

!!!

Okay, try setting it for 750 and see what happens.

(The "High" setting is where it will come on, it is *not* the highest RPM where it will still be active)

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

OK....I'll do that tonight when I get home and get back to you with the result....thanks again....John.... :)

Well, that worked....I finally got some O2 correction and varying WBO2 readings. My next bug to iron out is getting the idle speed down from around 2000 RPM to a reasonable level. My A/F is around 14:1. I'm confused about the interaction between IAC position and timing trim. Thoughts? Thanks, John....

I assume your idle setpoint is lower than 2000 RPM- maybe around 800 or so?

Anyhow, if you are idling above where the setpoint is (the IAC position should read 10), then you have extra air getting into the intake somehow- vacuum leak, or maybe the idle setscrew on your throttle. Or maybe your IAC is wired wrong.

Timing trim retards the timing if the engine is idling too high in an effort to help bring the idle speed down to setpoint. The only relationship between timing trim and IAC is that they both try to control idle speed. A lot of people set their timing trim to 0 all the way through.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

I'm suspecting the IAC right now. My unit came configured for a Mopar V-10 controller and I don't know what the pinouts are for that controller....I have the factory manual for my Dak so I could compare/straighten it out with the proper info....I don't really want to resort to trial and error....

Back