You can type here any text you want

weak brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

datquick6

tried to do a search but cant find the answer so here it goes
i have vacuum brakes that have always been bad... since i bought the car i they were always weka..i pulled the vac line to it and there was no vacuum at all... it is teed into the pcv.
so i switched the vac line and teed it into the cannister.. which has good vacuum. now i always hear a hissing noise inside the car unless i press the brakes.. and even at that the breaks still suck!!!
i know its missing the filter that goes on that line...
is this my problem..or is it something bigger???

tried to do a search but cant find the answer so here it goes
i have vacuum brakes that have always been bad... since i bought the car i they were always weka..i pulled the vac line to it and there was no vacuum at all... it is teed into the pcv.
so i switched the vac line and teed it into the cannister.. which has good vacuum. now i always hear a hissing noise inside the car unless i press the brakes.. and even at that the breaks still suck!!!
i know its missing the filter that goes on that line...
is this my problem..or is it something bigger???

Your booster is leaking. That's the hissing you hear. You very well may have to replace it, but there is something you can check. Pull it off and look in where the brake pedal plunger goes into the booster. There's a seal in there that sometimes gets cocked. Play with it, and hook up vacuum from a running engine to the booster to locate the leak and see if you can get it to stop leaking vacuum by manipulating the rod by hand. If your able to get it resealed, re-install it on the car. The booster is your problem. Fix it or replace it and your brakes will be fixed.

You don't need that filter. Also, 3/8" vacuum hose should run from the "T" just above the PCV valve directly to the inlet vac. port on the brake booster, or buy a TTA vacuum block.

Back