You can type here any text you want

Weight Removal in doors.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fatsix

has anyone removed anything other than the crash bars in their doors? I need to keep the stock crank windows, but there has to be some other weight that can come out..... i was also told that if i was to take anything else out that i should weld tubing inside the door in an X.

swiss cheese the door and no u dont have to x brace it. I might have some of the lightest steal doors out there and i dont have any braces

If you take the brace out of the door, hope you have a good cage. Not sure if you are caged or not, I get calls for fiberglass doors from customers without them, trying to lighten their cars up with no cage. Not a good idea if you street drive, since the only protection you have from a side impact are the braces in the doors, unless you have side bars with a roll cage.

race car only, so i should be good, only real thing i'm worried about is the door sagging or the window bending the fame when using it.

Back