You can type here any text you want

Weird alignment issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys, I recently had new Detroit Speed shocks and springs installed, they are the 2'' drop springs with matching shocks. When the shop doing it did the alignment, they told me they had a really hard time getting the front aligned and it took them a while to get it within spec. I brought the car home and just noticed the front passenger wheel is farther out (closer to being flush with the wheel well) than the other three wheels. I have stock wheels with 235/60's on them and the front driver side and both rears are the same distance in from the wheel weel lip. The front passenger wheel is close enough where if I hit a bump hard enough it contacts the fender lip now. My question to you guys is how can this happen? I know the control arm has some shims and whatnot on it for the guy to get it aligned, but I don't see how this can move the wheel out that distance. Everything looks to be put together correctly and the car drives great, steers great, no weird vibrations or anything, it just looks weird. I'd like to see what you guys think about this and get some opinions, I'm going to get back to this guy's shop with the car tomorrow hopefully and show him and see what he has to say. Any feed back is greatly appreciated!

It's not the alingment, the body isn't sitting square on the frame. Comon problem with the G body cars.

Charlie, thanks for the reply. I also started to think maybe the wheel could be a 15x8 from G Body. The guy who owned it before me bought the wheels second hand from Zero To Sixty when they were still around. I want to pull it off and measure out of curiosity. Maybe it is just a crooked body, if so I guess there is nothing to worry about then?

It seems that GM made the bodies off just a little and they shift some. I know Scot W has had the same issue before and even if you shift it over they seem to creep back. Have you ever checked the body bushings to make sure they're ok?

Back