You can type here any text you want

weld pro stars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SillyCBR

Looking to get new rims and tires all the way around. The car will primarily used on the street with a once in a blue moon visit to the track. What size rims and tires to do recommend, and where can they be purchased.

Jegs or Summit have pretty good prices unless you get lucky and pick up something off this board- someone just sold centerline warriors new 8.5" w/ 3.75" bs ,28" slicks and two mt front runners for under $500.- great deal-gone before i could get them. cant go wrong with centerlines, welds ,etc.

BE Mindfull!!...

I have the cragar drag stars in 15x7 and 15x8.5, these heavy cars are not too kind on star style aluminum drag wheels on the streets for everyday driving. My cragar fronts have cracks at each star top hub and when they get dirty the REALLY make their presence known! Gonna look into centerline convo-pros and SIMMONS OM's to replace them.

the car is mostly a garage queen. Do you think I will have a problem with the aluminum rims cracking on me?

Probably not! I think most of the cracking is from hard launches and lifting front wheels or hitting pot holes- never happened to mine. you could also get the Weld XPs which have solid 3" billet centers which are very umlikely to ever crack like i did- a much better wheel.

Back