You can type here any text you want

welds with 3.5 back spacing work without spacers??????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A buddy of mine runs that wheel and tire size, he has to use air bags to keep the fenders off of the tires.

I run that size and spacing. I need air in bags when trunk is loaded. I can race with no air in bags and it doesn't hit. No rolled lip either. When it rubs, it's up in the front of the inner well. The lip doesn't cut into the tire.

Coach

I don't remember what backspace mine had. I can look it up in the morning. I work nights.

Rubbed with 4" BS?
Mine were 4" backspace. It rubbed on the fender lip so it was either roll the lip of the wheel well or go with a 4.5" backspace wheel and a 5/16" spacer. Guess I could have went to a 255/60 tire too. It's all trial and error.

And all depends on the height of your car. When you start lowering things like I did everything changes. Running 275/60 BFG drag radials with Centerline Rev wheels that have a true 4" backspacing. Drivers side will rub on the frame towards the rear on weird driveway angles but not bad, had to trim the fender lip. Passenger side no frame rubbing but had to work on the fender lip. Using F Body Hotchkis lowering springs. Roads are getting so bad around CT that I ended up putting the isolators back on between the springs and frame to gain 1/2" in height as I was getting some lip rubbing.

I run Centerline wheels and have no rubbing with 4" BS, and the fender lips have not been modified.

I have RT weld 9in 4.5 back space with no spacer and it find. stock hight
lowering the car soon but i don't row the QT LIPS, I notch the QT .

Back