You can type here any text you want

Well, I sent a rod thru the Stage II

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

maverick

DAM!!!!!!!!!!! Well, guys, I dont know what happened yet or why, but I can see a piston skirt just above the starter. I made 3 test runs, thought I heard a funny noise, brought it up to 4000 rpm, and BOOM!!!!!!!!! I could hear pieces bouncing off the bottom of the floor boards. Performance before hand was with the drag radials on back (back-halfed) at 9 psi boost, 83lb injectors (I didnt even have the 160 lber's in yet) 35 mph roll 2nd gear, car went sideways with 2 ppl in it, yes we were on pavement, lol. 5500 rpm was all that was attained. This rod blow out is most disturbing... Bruce at Aggressive will be the one to disect it to see what happened.. I will let you all know for future refernce on your builds as to what the cause was. I'm down to 1 block left, this one better work!!!lol. Have a good one guys. Mav...

Dang, Mav. That's a bite in the balls. Maybe the oil pickup got uncovered when you went sideways? I killed a turbo once doing that. Too bad, man. Keep your chin up.

ouch

man that has to suck

will be interesting to hear why it did it ...

sometimes its hard to tell tho if they made a big mess

did you build it fresh or did you buy it already together?

motor

Hey guys, the motor was already running when i bought it, it had 3 miles drive time, and 40 min run time sitting in driveway:( A guy by the name of Angelusi here in michigan is who built the motor, and i heard he had a great name for building race engines for these cars. I had virtually no warning coming. Motor will be out this weekend.

Back