You can type here any text you want

Went to install speakers and found a Delco amp . . . now what?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84GNTTYPE

Ok . . . I'm a very in the area of car audio. I've installed a head unit. I've installed aftermarket speakers in a car . . . thats about all. I just bought a 96 Grand Prix and was going to put new speakers in it tonight. I got everything all apart and found that there is what I believe to be a factory amp on the deck by the rear window. So it looks to me like there are four wires to each speaker and the speakers I have only have have two connection spots per speaker.

I'm pretty lost here . . . thanks for any help.

Let me know if anything needs clarifying.

Thanks.

if that's the bose system, the factory speakers are usually 1 ohm and if u reaplace them with aftermarket 4 ohms the volume will be greatly reduced altho they will still work

your best bet is to just bypass the amp and not use it, especially if you want to use the power that the head unit is putting out, your gonna either have to run new wires to the back speakers, or figure out what wires going into the amp controll the rear speakers, and use those wires to power the speakers, there should only be two

Back