You can type here any text you want

Went to the drags Friday night......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

Had about 10 passes at the local 1/8 track. I got beat 3 of the 10 races. I'm stock, running 8.30's at 85 mph. Just trying to get more seat time. I was cutting pretty consistent 60's. Most around 1.9 on my crappy tires.

First loss - trailered in Mustang race car. He ran a 7.70

Second loss - Dodge Dakota!.....you gotta be kidding me...he ran an 8 flat!

Third loss - Newer Mustang convertible. Thought I had this one in the bag....no problem. Looked and sounded very stock. He ran a 7.80! He would have taken my money on the street, really surprised me.

My wins were against newer Z/28's, SS's, Trans Am's and Mustangs. Most were running high 8's. The TTA got lots of attenion in the pits. All in all I was happy with the car. Fastest 6 banger there for sure!

Most interesting race was a ZO6 vs Viper. Viper ran a 7.70 to the vette's 7.85. Neither guy could launch their cars. Just coast through first and get on it in second. Nice cars though. Ill be glad when I can spank both of those cars.

Had about 10 passes at the local 1/8 track. I got beat 3 of the 10 races. I'm stock, running 8.30's at 85 mph. Just trying to get more seat time. I was cutting pretty consistent 60's. Most around 1.9 on my crappy tires.

Stock? Come on now ;)

Couple months ago I did three passes at my 1/8 mile track..7.55,7.61, and a 7.58..after that..gave the car a pat and said good job.

I smoked three trailer cars and drove home :)

My below sig was a 7.4x 1/8 :)

Working on the 330..I'm going for Mike's number..soon.. :eek:

Is there anything sweeter than beating a trailered race car, and then driving home! Gotta love it.:D

Back