You can type here any text you want

What am I missing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wknight13

Just purchased this 87 GN and am going through it to see and verify all that was said it is. I noticed these following pictured items and don't really know what is missing. Thanks for your help. I have to upload different responses due to picture size.

This first picture is the area I will be asking about. Note the three circled areas.

Attachments

• P8010005.jpg
    P8010005.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 197
Closeup of valve cover and ig mod area. What does this connector go to?

Attachments

• P8010001.jpg
    P8010001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 198
This is the area of my missing washer fluid reservoir. Notice the open washer nozzle hose above this mystery connector.

Attachments

• P8010004.jpg
    P8010004.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 197
Forgot to mention the question of the green mystery connector in this picture. I am thinking it was connected to the original power master brake system? If it was, is there any use of it?

The connector at the engine goes to the EGR solenoid. It looks like the EGR system was deleted, no biggie. The connector at the wheel well goes to the underhood light, which looks to be missing, and the windshield washer jug is missing on the wheel well.

It's also been converted to a type II ignition module and coils and vacuum brakes.

the light...ah. I did know the water jug was missing, just unsure if anything else in the washer system. I see the pump with the in/out ports under the wiper motor. I know the floating nozzle hose goes to one of the ports. Does the reservoir go directly to the other or am I missing a "T", "Y", or anything to complete my wiper washer system...I am assuming the system works.

Now the EGR solenoid. What? please explain. It is straight piped with the ATR system (mufflers only). What is the missing EGR system going to hurt besides gas mileage? Is there a diagram of the EGR system? I am new to messing with mods on the car and learning a lot on the way.

It was disclosed about the vacuum brake system, I just didn't know if that green connector was part of the old power master and if it has any use now.

type II ignition module and coils...hmmm, not something I know about the car having upon purchase. time to investigate and learn. very cool....I hope.

this car keeps turning up more and more surprises.

Yes its safe to say most people are selling TRs today that are returned to stock after being abused.

I actually admit that I knew this car was juiced...Kinda like it that way even if I won't use it that way. I'm calling it my 'Overhauled' GN...just need to tweak and customize some things. Has no EGR or cat...so what, will it hurt anything, just slows it down. Could I benefit from these, I don't know. Could I? that's my next question.

Missing EGR and cat won't slow you down, but if you have to pass emissions in your state you got some work to do.

yep...it's an okay state. I do like how you South Benders are involved with this site and GN passion though. I've been in contact with Underdog over in the Bend. Trying to connect with any Fort fellas. Anyways, thanks and I'll be seeing you all up in Osceola in a couple weeks. Don't think I'll be running until I'm comfortable with this car and not blow er up. STill going through it to see what I've actually got with no underlying issues.

I'll be there. I havent owned my gn long and still havent even seen one in the South Bend, but i know theyre here. :eek: Just blew an oil cooler line on the way home from work and thought my car was on fire.:eek: Should have it fixed by Midwest Buick Challenge though. I'm not racing either. My car needs a lot of tuning and minor work yet. Happy boosting.:biggrin:

Make sure the chip is calibrated for no egr or you may wind up with a holy piston one day....

Back