You can type here any text you want

What amp should I get?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84GNTTYPE

I picked up a pair of Jensen XS1693 6x9 speakers. They're 180 Watts, 60 Watts RMS, 3 Way. I have a completely stock system with the stereo with Cassette, Fade, Balance, Seek, Scan, and Equalizer. They have 4ohms each.

What amp should I get for these speakers? The rest of my system is completely stock right now.

Whats the sensitivity ratting on these speakers? If its in the high 80's you stock radio power is adequate.

Originally posted by TurboV6
Whats the sensitivity ratting on these speakers? If its in the high 80's you stock radio power is adequate.

I completely agree but would like to ad that the new speakers would sound sooooooooo much better with the addition of a small amp just for the rear. An inexpensive 30-40 Watt amp with line level inputs will do the job nicely.

I've had trouble with distortion since I bought them and was told that my stock deck was underpowered and that was why I was getting distortion.

Back