You can type here any text you want

What are first mods to TTA?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

Besides fuel pump and FP regulator? Looking for 11.50s-11.80s on DRs.
TIA

If I had it to do over, I'd start with an Alchy kit, learn to tune, and go from there. I think you could get into the mid to low 12's with just an Alchy kit and good tuning. Look at some of the combinations in our FAQ list to see what others have done. :cool:

What chip should I go with? I want to run stock hardware(turbo,inj,IC,DP,etc) and run 20-22lbs of boost. Any input on how to get this thing to low 12s high 11's is appreciated.

I agree with Lee. Get alchy and learn how to tune. You will need more than 20-22 lbs of boost to run 11's with all those stock parts. Take baby steps. These cars are capable of a lot in their stock form when tuned correctly. Alchy should help get the boost UP.:cool:

I have had my GN for 15 years so tuning will not be an issue. already have a direct scan a Scan Master. I can get 110 octane locally for $4/gal. So I am going to use that at first. Right not my plans are fuel pump, FP regulator, cut out, K&N, chip, and DRs. Low 12s should not be a problem with those mods right?

Originally posted by Sweet6
I have had my GN for 15 years so tuning will not be an issue. already have a direct scan a Scan Master. I can get 110 octane locally for $4/gal. So I am going to use that at first. Right not my plans are fuel pump, FP regulator, cut out, K&N, chip, and DRs. Low 12s should not be a problem with those mods right?

Yep. :cool:

With just a K&N,Chip,cut-out, and power plate I was trapping consistantly 111-113 at 21-22 psi. Street tire 2.1-2.2 60's kept the e.t.'s in the 12.7 to 12.9 range. So it doesn't take much.

Frank!
wasn't you in the lower 12's when that car was almost stock?!
You kicked everybodies butt back then.

oh ya car is almost done Franky! beware.

My busa's got the new turbo set-up too. OO:eek:

Originally posted by TurboBusa
Frank!
wasn't you in the lower 12's when that car was almost stock?!
You kicked everybodies butt back then.

oh ya car is almost done Franky! beware.

My busa's got the new turbo set-up too. OO:eek:

I guess your not going to be happy until you can stab it at 200 mph and pull the front wheel:eek:..........crazy f^cker.

No, on reg. radials I wish, it's just that you guys were a lot slower back then.;)

Originally posted by 1BADDAM
Yep. :cool:

With just a K&N,Chip,cut-out, and power plate I was trapping consistantly 111-113 at 21-22 psi. Street tire 2.1-2.2 60's kept the e.t.'s in the 12.7 to 12.9 range. So it doesn't take much.
Ditto, see sig.

Hoping for low 12's next time out on some good rubber.

Are you asking what should be the first REAL mods? Fuel pump, regulator, K&N are so standard it almost doesnt even seem right calling them a mod.
If your going to run good tires, good fuel, and do the tunning....
Then higher boost is what you have to do to make the power through unported heads, stock cam ect. An upgraded turbo will allow you to see gains at boost levels where the stocker would be craping out.

HTH: Jason

Postal,
You are right. All of those are standard upgrades. My goal was to go fast without changing any major parts, IE Turbo, DP. At least for now.

Can you run 20lbs on a stock TTA with 100 octane? I can run 22lbs on 100 in my GN, but I have a lot more upgrades on that.

Yep. I was running 22 psi with my stocker using the xylene mixture. the xylene formula equates to about 100 octane.
104 unleaded race gas works better. You can get 24 psi with that.

Jason, can i ask what your mods are?

11.30 @ 119 with T63E, N/L 9" 3200, 3"DP, BGC stretch IC, Translator plus, and the small things.

11.16 @ 121 with above plus ATR liquid IC, ford 9" rear end, suspension mods, full 3" exhaust, and home made ram air.

Its not really fair to compare the two set ups because the 11.30 run on the old set up was with the car fairly tweaked out and running strong. The 11.16 on the second set up was kind of a base line run with the car half way tunned out.

My new set up is running a Big stuff 3 (like a F.A.S.T system), T66 dual ball bearing turbo, turbo 400 trans w/ a switch pitch 4200/1800 stall torque converter, MSD DIS 4, plus I'll be going to a 208/208 Kenne Bell cam, and pocket ported heads w/ stock valves. This new set up should be able to make enough power to put my crankshaft on the ground so I wont be able to "crank it up". This will be the first set up I'm running were I got into the motor. All the other set ups I ran was on the stock 104,000 mile long block.

wow! i bet that liquid inter was spendy.

Yes and no. I'm a tight wad so I bought it used for $1200 shipped from Cotton's. To me $1200 is alot but I sold the stretch I had for $450 and added $750 out of my pocket. I then spent about another $300 getting it all set up the way I wanted with two five gallon fuel cells and dual shurflow pumps. I have a couple indicators that its doing what its supposed to. I just havent had my car to the track enough with every thing else working properly to really see what it will do.

I always wanted to try a liquid IC myself. Liquid IC's kind of remind me of alcohol injection. These two things where proven to work with forced induction before most of our parents where born. Some people will still argue that neither one works or is worth the hassel. BAH!

My car is aimed more towards my long term goal. My long term goal is to build a nasty engine for this thing. I want the car to have all the supporting pieces in place. Once I install a cage my car will be ready for the stage motor I'm collecting pieces for. All the other pieces of the puzzel are in place. I have a nasty intercooler, fuel system, suspension mods, ignition, fuel management system, dual ball bearing turbo, full 3" exhaust, nitrous :D , and hopefully this switch pitch 400 works out. I want a strong and relatively reliable 10.00 street machine.

These changes have been common:

Scantool -absolutely mandatory, buy this FIRST
160 degree thermostat
Fan switches
Cold air kit
Adjustable wastegate
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Upgraded fuel pump
Power Plate
Lockup switch for the converter
Test pipe (for track use only )

We did a poll on what to do after these mods. Check Here for the results. :)

hello guys!

I got me a TTA recently and read all these threads carefully!

I'm from Austria in Europe.

Okay, I understood, which first "mods" are cosidered to be the best choice.

But: what is a power plate? and: where to get the scantool, and which to choose?

thx for help

matt

Back