You can type here any text you want

What are some of the best subs out these days??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

Looking for some subs. What's the new HOT subs out these days?? 10's or 12":D

"best" is very subjective. Basically its more of a what is best for you. I am mainly a SQ guy - I personally favor:

>Elemental designs E12A44 (using one now - VERY nice)
>Resonant Engineering SE series (almost identical to the ED woofer but a little louder)
>JL woofers are still nice (6 or 7 series, 7 = lotta $$$)
>Orion H series (lotta $$$)

Image Dynamics are good ID, IDQ, IDMAX. SQ subs.
Resonant Engineering XXX's are some hard hitting mofos if you want your chest to feel the music.

JL is good too. I just think they are a little over priced compared to what else is out on the market.

Originally posted by zam70
"best" is very subjective. Basically its more of a what is best for you. I am mainly a SQ guy - I personally favor:

>Elemental designs E12A44 (using one now - VERY nice)

I still have mine in the garage,,do you have pics of the box or dimensions of your box...Dennis:)

AsphaltAnihil8r - you might be in luck my friend. I'm getting ready to pull my high end stereo out of my Regal to put in my daily driver - that includes the sub. I'm gonna rebuild the box for the ED woofer for a custom fit into the D.D. So I'll have no use for the box for the Regal SO -
If you would like, I will send you the box for shipping charges only (it is a REALLY nice box, rear firing, custom built to fit on the rear shelf AND keep the tension bars in place. It doesn't hang off the shelf at all and gives room to the left and/or right for amps, processors etc...Completely sealed and resin sealed/coated inside and out too....Not covered/carpeted though. I always used a finish plate -no need to cover what you don't see. I was a professional installer for 15 years and this box is done right/correct in every way)
It'll be a little bit yet before I take it out but, it yours if you want it.
I'll send you some pics....

HEY WAIT - I forgot. It's sitting in my garage! (otherwise, how could I get pics???)...damn I'm getting old....

Originally posted by zam70
AsphaltAnihil8r - you might be in luck my friend. I'm getting ready to pull my high end stereo out of my Regal to put in my daily driver - that includes the sub. I'm gonna rebuild the box for the ED woofer for a custom fit into the D.D. So I'll have no use for the box for the Regal SO -
If you would like, I will send you the box for shipping charges only (it is a REALLY nice box, rear firing, custom built to fit on the rear shelf AND keep the tension bars in place. It doesn't hang off the shelf at all and gives room to the left and/or right for amps, processors etc...Completely sealed and resin sealed/coated inside and out too....Not covered/carpeted though. I always used a finish plate -no need to cover what you don't see. I was a professional installer for 15 years and this box is done right/correct in every way)
It'll be a little bit yet before I take it out but, it yours if you want it.
I'll send you some pics....

HEY WAIT - I forgot. It's sitting in my garage! (otherwise, how could I get pics???)...damn I'm getting old....
YEs I wouyld LOVE the BOX....

Let me know A Price .... YEs I did get the pics,,looks great...I,m in no hurry so just let me know..
Dennis:D :D

Back