You can type here any text you want

What boost controllers do you guys use?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sr2003

I am looking to pick up a GN really, REALLY soon. The first upgrade I was going to do was going to be a boost controller. I was reading Supraforums.net, and they all seem to love electronic boost controllers, especially the one by Apex, and I think Greddy makes one? Anyway, which ones does the GN respond to best? Looking for an electronic boost controller, not a manual. Can you even use a electronic boost controller on the GN?

Steve

Don't worry about a boost controller now

You can use them, and I've been looking around for one to replace my manual valve. But, I would do a LOT of other things to the car WAYYYY before even thinking about an electronic boost controller. There are other weak spots in the stock form of the car that need to be addressed before worrying about turning up the boost (i.e. fuel pump, adj. FP reg., maybe upgrade injectors, basic gnttype.org spring cleaning, etc.). You can turn up the boost on the car for only about $5 and a couple hours time with the home made adj. wastegate rod. Or the chip can do it too... But I would look at the boost controller WAYYYYY down the line as a nice novelty item to have, only RICE really needs them to fulfill the "be like everyone else" syndrome. IMHO... Now if you get a car that has all the necessary upgrades done, then sure, go ahead and get one. They have some nice features to a lot of them.

Derrick

Electronic boost controllers.......

The BSTC (Boost Command) is probably the best one for the price ($160) from www.ramchargers.com , but a lot of guys seem to like the electronic boost controller made by Innovative Turbo Systems cause it has the newest technology and has some cool features like the multi stage boost control. It's NOT cheap though cause I'm pretty sure they sell for about $500!!!:eek:
HTH:)

why you guys spend so much money when you dont need too???

$20 regulator from autozone and some vacuum lines long enough to go inside the car... mount uder dash and reach down and change boost when ever you want too..

$25 sounds good to me

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
why you guys spend so much money when you dont need too???

$20 regulator from autozone and some vacuum lines long enough to go inside the car... mount uder dash and reach down and change boost when ever you want too..

$25 sounds good to me

Yes but your guessing your boost level. Its nice to type in 17 and get 17, instead of guessing by the spin. Also helps your spool up instead of popping the wastegate open before reaching your desired boost level. just my .02

thats cool but it dont take but to hit the throttle one time to see the boost.

spoolup...i dont have no problems with that..even with the tight converter and 70 turbo but i sure it will get better once i restall the converter.

Back