You can type here any text you want

What brand of gauges?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

groumoutis

I am looking into getting an electric fuel pressure gauge and an electric oil pressure gauge for the center console pod. I like the looks of the prosport gauges but haven't heard anything about them. I was wondering what electric gauges other's prefer. I want to get a good and reliable gauge but I don't want the gauges to cost a ton of money either. I don't want to mount the gauges on the hood that is why I am looking at the electric gauges. I know they cost more than mechanical.

I had a set of prosport gauges. For the money, they look nice, and perform adequately. I wouldn't say they are the most accurate instrumentation, but for the difference in cost, it is likely worth it.

I had a sending unit go bad on my oil pressure gauge after a year or more (in a hard winter life though)

They are pretty bright though, so it'll be good if they are down in the console area.

very sharp looking though!

* I currently use all autometer ultra-lite series gauges, including the peak/hold electric Fuel pressure. You can use this gauge to output to the Powerlogger for logging of fuel pressure as well (call autometer and ask for the pins for the connector)

-D

es autometer

I am looking into getting an electric fuel pressure gauge and an electric oil pressure gauge for the center console pod. I like the looks of the prosport gauges but haven't heard anything about them. I was wondering what electric gauges other's prefer. I want to get a good and reliable gauge but I don't want the gauges to cost a ton of money either. I don't want to mount the gauges on the hood that is why I am looking at the electric gauges. I know they cost more than mechanical.

I bought an es autometer. It was pricey but very clear and looks really nice.

I am also looking into the saga gauges.

I make great money where I work and I can't afford the gauges you guys are using. Man you guys are high rollers! $200+ for one gauge:eek:! I have a friend that has the saga gauges and he seems to like thembut he also is an import guy(STI)! I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on the prosport gauges. That makes me a little scared on buying them. AEM and Autometer are way to expensive. I know I need to know the pressures and they are great gauges but wow they are proud of them.

Autometer Elite series. 7 color leds, high/low warning, 5v output, logging.

Nice but not cheap.

I have all Sport Comp 2 Gauges in my car. Boost, water, and oil. LOVE THEM. They are just super white and easy to read at night if I'm driving around. Not super $$ either for the Electrical.

Bump, I only have a boost gauge currently, but I would like to get an oil pressure gauge so what brands are people using?

Also why do people get water temp gauges when the scan master shows this information? Sorry I havent even driven my car so maybe that question sounds stupid, my car is apart for paint. So once that is done, i plan to install the oil pressure gauge.

I dont use a Scanmaster....

The Autometer Elite series that I use are very useful. they change colors and flash for warning of high and lows that you set, very easy to see with your peripheral vision, also have logging outputs as well as outputs to trigger a relay. If my fuel pressure was to drop I could trigger the boost controller to open my wastegate to drop boost to zero. If the oil pressure drops I can cut ignition, same with water temp...
I havent installed a trans temp gauge yet but when I do it will be connected for logging and output as well. Gauges have come a long way. They are not cheap though...

Bryan

The shop I work at has switched to Speed Hut.
We built my 86T panel w/ A/Meter.
The new toy is getting the Speed Hut treatment. Lifetime warranty, made in the USA. LOTS of options from needle design, colors, warning lites, etc.

Scot @ GNS is a dlr for Speed Hut....

I dont use a Scanmaster....

The Autometer Elite series that I use are very useful. they change colors and flash for warning of high and lows that you set, very easy to see with your peripheral vision, also have logging outputs as well as outputs to trigger a relay. If my fuel pressure was to drop I could trigger the boost controller to open my wastegate to drop boost to zero. If the oil pressure drops I can cut ignition, same with water temp...
I havent installed a trans temp gauge yet but when I do it will be connected for logging and output as well. Gauges have come a long way. They are not cheap though...

Bryan

I've looked at them before. Good quick video on YouTube about them. Great features on them. Datalogging is good but to have one your gauges flash instantly if something is wrong is very helpful.

They are pricy

Back