What do I need to go high 11's cheap!!!

Junior -trust me --not fast enough--- shoot for low 11s:D as you will find out in due time.........

I'd read a lot and get to know the car before you start thinking of high 11's. It's not like slapping a PB&J sandwich together, you gotta know some stuff about the cars before you think of going fast.

-Adam

Hi,
You know, a set of sticky tires and ALKY might get you into the the low 13s, but 11s are another issue entirely.Don't believe everything you read. As the man said previously,paraphrased,of course,it is a hard fought war to improve your performance. With our cars, you will have to deal with a bunch of problems, but it will be rewarding, eventually. You should look at it as a chalenge. Good luck with this!

Tuning is the key with these cars. You must have some idea as to what is going on under the hood first. Get some sort of scan tool first. There are several out there....Scanmaster, Direct scan, Power Logger and Turbo Link. You need a laptop for the last three, but you get more data and can record and save that data. BTW, I just ordered my Power Logger !!!

THEN get some traction!!!!

Cheap is relative to too many factors. If you have a specific $$ in mind post it so we can help you out better.

I know this, the stock fuel system is not going to cut it so start off with the 60lbers and a Walbro 340 hotwired. Test pipe, manual boost controller, DOT tires etc are all cheap things that offer great results.

I am also in favor of taking your time and reading up as much as possible. Tons of great/knowledgeable guys on this board that have made plenty of posts on this very subject. I hate to say search, but search. ;)

The easiest thing to do is check out guys signatures. Some give away a ton of mods done, just keep track of the mods that keep coming up over and over again. :)

You will need traction(slicks), good exhaust with no cat, cold air intake, better fuel pump, at least 36 lb injectors with a good chip, adjustable fuel reg., adjustable boost controller so you can run at least 20-25 of boost and last but most importantly a scantool so you can tune it and see whats happening. This is considering your engine is sound and all your sensors are up to par!!! So its really plenty of fuel and air with lots of boost :biggrin: with a great 60 ft time. Traction is very important:wink:

1)scantool
2)tune,tune,tune
3)traction,slicks,remove front swaybar helps with 60ft.
4)Race chip
5)alky inject
6)aftermarket pump
7)Add some 100 octane to be safe.
8)free flowing exhaust

stock injectors or 30 lbs will take you there on alky injection.

I did'nt see any mention about the transmission. If you get below the low 13's you should at least put a shift kit in it. This increases the line pressure at WOT to keep the clutches and second gear band from slipping. In the 11's a shift kit may only help for awhile before you need to have better parts put in the tranny. The good news is that a good tranny builder can make these work well down to the low 10's.