What do you think is reasonble customer service?

I will start with this, "Patience is a virtue".

I don't wan't to be harsh, but here goes........

You seem to be somewhat new to the TR world.

That said, a 25 year old, very specialized, generally considered "rare" car might take just a bit more time, effort and just plain ol' being calm to accomplish the goals you have set.

Parts/Support WILL be much harder to come by than your average Mustang/Camaro.

There just aren't that many people out here supporting these cars and the needs a 25 year old specialized car requires anymore. There aren't enough honestly qualified guys out there, that's for sure.

Wrench turners/qualified tuners, quality parts providers, technical supporters...... You name it, they are disappearing, and they are disappearing fast.....

If you aren't trained and or skilled enough to work on every facet of your own car all by yourself, you might want to take a step back and learn the most important word in the first sentence in this post. PATIENCE.

There are many here that are GREAT vendors and technical supporters with reputations to match. For a majority of them, it's not their number one job, for them, it's done from the heart and a love for the TR's, nothing else. They have real jobs and real resposibilities, just as you do.

I only say this because I think it's important that you consider this when coming on here blowing up vendors, identified or not.

I was told a few days by some youngster in my company that I was (internet) rude to him because I did not reply to his e mail quickly enough for his liking. He copied dang near everyone he could think of in his "scolding" of me and ended up looking pretty foolish when several peers of his let him know he was completely out of line and needed to do his research before publicly chastizing someone.

As a manager of a pretty big, very busy operation, I will prioritize all inquiries and answer them in order of importance and in addition, I will be the one who prioritizes how I address them.

Now impart that attitude onto any vendor here, the one's who work from the heart not the wallet and even those who are in it for "the money". Do you really think these guys earn a living selling parts to a group of perhaps 10 thousand dedicated enthusiasts?

If you somehow feel slighted by some of the "old guys", those vendors and tech guys that can do you some good, you might want to rethink your attitude, be it about TR vendors, and/or your entire professional life. These guys aren't computer technical guru's, they're a bunch of old Buick guys, nothing more. Just like some of those "old guys" at work........

There are vedors on here apologizing for stuff they aren't even sure they should own up to...... What does that say to you about the community of vendors here? Yet you don't come back and confirm/deny or answer them in the public forum you started. What's the deal there, is it that are you too busy with your daily work to reply or something?

Impatience is NOT a virtue held in high esteem by anyone.

On the other hand, I do hope you are able to get your issues resolved in a manner acceptable to both you and the vendor(s) you are dealing with.

Good customer service is essential, that is a given. The truth is, a great customer/vendor relationship not only depends upon great customer service , but depends upon a customer that actually understands the difference between his wishes and his needs and/or is willing to listen to the difference between the two, a part of the puzzle that is essential to great customer service and represents the cornerstone on which a successful relationship is built.

Good luck to you, sir!

Thanks for the response...your passion for supporting the TR community is clear....that is why I made this post in the first place as I want to be a long term member and contributor someday once I learn something.

From the responses I have learned that the TR community is more close knit than I would have expcected, and not realizing that many supporting vendors are doing this as a side job in their spare time help me understand better.

As far as your question "Yet you don't come back and confirm/deny or answer them in the public forum you started. What's the deal there, is it that are you too busy with your daily work to reply or something?"....Ill answer you with your own words..."Patience is a virtue"....and yes I have been busy at work, as well as moving and selling a house...so July has been crazy!

I consider 2 and 3 resolved...the responses here helped me understand the bigger picture....I appreciate it very much and I will most certainly be buying from vendors 2 and 3 again.

As far as your question "Yet you don't come back and confirm/deny or answer them in the public forum you started. What's the deal there, is it that are you too busy with your daily work to reply or something?"....Ill answer you with your own words..."Patience is a virtue"....and yes I have been busy at work, as well as moving and selling a house...so July has been crazy!

Well then perhaps you realize that our vendors have other responsibilities, commitments and obligations in their lives, too.

Sometimes life just gets in the way. :)

Totally agree.

As a salesman myself when life does get in the way I take the very simple step of setting an out of office email message and voice mail cover...that simple step helps customers understand they are not being ignored.

Vendor 3 has contacted me and hopefully I will be buying an FI system soon.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

None of those situations are acceptable from ANY vendor, no matter who they are, what car parts they specialize in, or what genre they cater to.

It's not complicated - take care of the customer, and they will buy more and more, growing the very sport you cater to. Like this guy - Full Throttle And Mark have satisfied this customer's VERY reasonable expectations, so now he will always go to them first for parts and service.In this day and age of WiFi, Smartphones, etc - there's no excuse for a vendor not replying to an email, at the very least, put an out of office message that you are out of town and will return calls when you get back. Simple things can be very effective.

I have dropped 12k+ on my GN alone in the past few years (Not counting my 87 T) and there's some vendors I ordered from who won't get another penny, some I never ordered from, and some I am very loyal to now, because of fair pricing, and reasonable communication/service.

Don't let a lot of vendors fool you, the parts are out there, and there's vendors who understand the basic business tenet of service that will serve the customer base.

This is in no way directed at any given vendor, I comprised most of this thread before I saw any vendors post. There's also no need to attack the original poster, it was an extremely well written, well thought out, vendor neutral post.

We had a communication breakdown on both sides that got resolved as soon as we spoke. Order has been received and will ship this week. Thank you for your business!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

We had a communication breakdown on both sides that got resolved as soon as we spoke. Order has been received and will ship this week. Thank you for your business!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Well done!!!

With us, the manufacture had to build his kit but failed to inform me and due to the holiday weekend right before the power tour that delayed his order which messed up his plans. Since then we have spoke, had laughs and he ordered a converter!

All is well..