You can type here any text you want

What does BLM mean?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ericmccann

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but I've read posts referring to BLM's all the time, but what the heck is it? What does it measure, and what impact does it have on the engine? How is it tunable? I have a TT chip.

Thanks for putting up with my mundane questions. I'm just trying to learn from you all. :-)

Best,

Eric McCann
Germantown, WI

It means Block Lean multiplier!

Otherwise known as long term fuel trim, if you want to tune it you need to add or remove fuel.

Brandon!

6E3-13.jpg

Is there a way (without a scanmaster) to determine whether or not the engine needs more fuel? I'm assuming that the fuel "add or remove" would be done with the fuel pressure regulator or is there more to it? My idle, running pressure is at 40#'s. Not running, it's 43#'s.

Thanks! I'm knocking all the time now (out of nowhere) and performance is a bit sluggish with the TT chip and 36# Bosch white, slim injectors. The better running combination (in terms of seat of the pants performance) was with the Pit Bull chip and the stock injectors, but that's what blew up the motor the other week. Just curious as to all of your thoughts. I've tried going with the caspers chip (also for the 36# injectors) and I get varying results, none of which are as good as when I first got the car. Don't get me wrong, the engine runs PERFECT otherwise. It just seems de-tuned so as to not blow it up again, but????

I have my scanmaster on order and it's on its' way. However, considering that someone tried to steal the car yesterday, I'm thinking of selling. Ugh. Anyway, I digress....

Thanks,

Eric

WOW!!! GREAT information! Thank you!!!

Wow, this is GREAT information to have!!! Thank you so much for your efforts in posting this. I know it's a PITA, but a newbie thanks you. :-) Good times!

Best,

Eric McCann
Germantown, WI

You really need a Scanmaster to see what the ECM see's, then you can use your Turbo Tweak chip to add or remove fuel. You can also make timing adjustments with it using the Scanmaster.

Last but not least don't leave your TR out parked anywhere not in your sight. There's too many thug punks that want to steal it so they can make it into a low rider or donk it out.

Last but not least don't leave your TR out parked anywhere not in your sight. There's too many thug punks that want to steal it so they can make it into a low rider or donk it out.[/QUOTE]

you're right, the state just gave me my tag, driving around here- no one notices. i drive through the ghetto's- everyone is looking. sht, it's not even painted yet.
had the regular "you wanna sell it?" yesterday, then the guy tells me how he wants my seats for his car:mad:

Back