What does it take to get a GN in the 12's

V

venom93corba

Hey guys, what's up? I was considering buying a GN just to play around in, what does it actually take to get these things in the 12's. Now I'm not familiar at at with these cars so be gentle, he he. What mods do they cars respond to the best? Thanks

Originally posted by venom93corba
what does it actually take to get these things in the 12's. Thanks

i will second GNTTYPE.ORG

and as for what it will take......

Alot less than that mustang to get it in the 12's ;)

Watch it buddy!:mad: J/K I prob have about $3k in mine and i should be right there (12.8-12.9), depends on traction. Thanks for the link guys.

Watch it buddy!:mad: J/K I prob have about $3k in mine and i should be right there (12.8-12.9), depends on traction. Thanks for the link guys.

You can do it for less than 1/3 of what you have into the Mustang for mods. You'll probably be able to go further as well, down to the 12.40's for sure and some guys are good enough at tuning to get 12.20's and even 12.0's before upgrading the turbo and injectors.

Hey guys, what's up? I was considering buying a GN just to play around in, what does it actually take to get these things in the 12's. Now I'm not familiar at at with these cars so be gentle, he he. What mods do they cars respond to the best? Thanks

STOCK TR.........RACE GAS AND SLICKS.:p

I heard those cars ran low 14's stock, I understand slicks but how would race gas only drop et on a stock GN

YOU CHANGE THE CHIP TO A HIGH TIMING (108)RACE CHIP (aprox. $30) AND TURN THE BOOST UP FROM 14#S TO 22#S.

race gas allows more boost which allows more power which means you go faster.........

See my sig..

I have about $1300 including new slicks and new wheels to run 12.0's.. Otherwise about $750 in mods to run 12.1-12.2's for my car..

For $3K I'd be running some mid-low 11's in my GN.. This is coming from an Ex-Stanger...

;)
ks

O my god. Why doesn't someone just smack me with a hammer. Hey Kevin what did you pay for your car? So your saying a completely stock GN + $3k = 11's Like I said....I WEE TODD ED PS - this is just unfair

I paid $7800 for mine and it was in BEAUTIFUL shape w/ 85K on it. You can get lessor cars for around $4500 and less depending on condition..

hth's
ks..:cool:

Not too much to make them fast. Mine was $5000 when I bought it in 1995. Went 12.20's@110.5 with stock turbo, intercooler, injectors, 100% stock 88K mile motor, transmission, body, rearend, wheels and drag radials. upgraded injectors to 36# blue tops, turbo to TA49, Welded a larger neck on the stock intercooler and have gone 11.53@118 on drag radials thru a $250 mufflershop dual exhaust .

Motor and transimission original and untouched with 95K miles.

Mostly tweaks and low buck mods and the ability to listen to your car and tune appropriately. My '89 LX5.0 Convert went 13.5's with the same free/low buck tuning mods my T-type went 12.20's with. Both cars respond to free mods, T-R's repond better.

Alot less than that mustang to get it in the 12's

Really? gears and slicks and I had my buddies 98 cobra running 12.8-12.9, so u might want to rethink that statement. 11's on the other hand is easier with the GN/T-type because of them already having a power adder :) Before I get ragged on for this post I just wnat u to all know that I am a muscle car fan and its just that the 93 Cobra is my favorite all time car!!

P.S. Do you wanna sell your cobra as a rolling chassis? ;)

Melissa's car
WE4
dual 3" exhaust an crummy 3" downpipe to the stock crappy elbow
chip
K&N ( stuck in that HOT eng compartment)
LU switch (waste of money )
old recaps

12.7s @ 108

11s
TE-44
V4
bluetops
shift kit
better fuel pumps
switched to Nitto's
race gas (still runnin a street chip...ya I know that doesnt work eithier )

11.5s @ 118 in street trim....

she also has a
scanmaster
tach
boost gauge

now I am sure there are lots of other ways to do it!!!
her Mothers car is set up allmost like her's 11.7s @ 118

The cheapest way to get that mustag in the 11 is to Sell the Motor and trans for $2,000 and buy a Turbov6 & Trans for about $2000,,,Bam you are in the 11's for free:D :eek:

I love the 93 Cobra also,,but my V6 is Fassster:cool: