what else do I need?

jsta6

John 15:17
Hello, all.

Some time ago (right after some bolt-on mods, coincidentally) my transmission started to slip between "1st and 2nd", and "2nd and 3rd". Then, it got worse and worse and worse...the more gas I give it, the longer it takes to shift...

After letting my car sit forever, I finally have the cash to fix it. The transmission guy (highly recommended from my local turbo regal shop), says it will be $650 plus "a drum ($125) and pump ($185) if needed". I also have the option of adding a "billet super servo" to 2nd gear to help this from happening again.

Can anyone suggest any thing else I should have done or give me any more information before I get this done?

When replying, please CC "jsta6@bellsouth.net"...

My mods list can be found here:
http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/mia/s/h/shawnco/gn.html

TIA

Is he wanting to charge you $125 for a stock, direct drum? :eek:

An entire core transmission can be had for much less than that.

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what a drum is if it fell out of the sky, sat on my face, and wiggled...
...but serioulsy...
my GN has 94K mi on it. It is my daily driver, I have two kids and my wife is a stay-at-home mom. What ever I do with it, I want to do it once, and not again for another 100K mi.
Please advise-

Talk to some people in your area you feel comfortable with. There are alot of guys in your area that can assist you with both products and /or service...: Cal Hartline, Mike Reals, Kendall Fredrick, Jim Haas, I am sure I left someone out.
As for what I have to offer you, feel free to visit our website. I don't really know how to answer this , or your email, and not have it come off sounding like a commercial. However, read the strengthening the 2004r post and you will get an idea of what you need. I can tell you, if you call me or the others listed above close to you, I am sure you will recieve what you pay for, both in quality and service.:)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

shop in south florida

What shop, did they told you to go to ??? Has he done any GN local and they were happy with his work !!!
Paul

I don't want to name the shop. not "PR".

They were highly recommend by a local auto shop that only does TR/GN's. They said they have done 100-150 TR/GN's. I feel confident about going there.

I am taking my car there this Saturday. They sound like they know what they are doing. They have done a friends tourque converter.

I was looking for some advice as to what to have done, as my funds are limited, I can't afford to do this again until my next 100K miles.

So far I got:
borg-warner bands, clutches, pump
tci shift kit
billet super servo
trainy cooller