What happened to the Red Wings?

The coach had NOTHING to do with it! The whole team did not play well. They did not seem like they wanted it bad enough this year. The Ducks played a good 4 games and their goalie stood on his head every game. So to all YOU out there that say the Red Wings buy the Cup, I guess your wrong! You can't buy it. Just look at the Rangers......:eek:

Scott

Nobody said they bought the Cup. They *TRIED* to buy it. ;) And when the Stanley Cup champions get swept in four games in the opening rounds, I don't see how you can blame it on one or two people. They all stunk it up in that series.

I think Edmonton was the youngest team in the playoffs. Lots of playoff experience on the Stars. We'll see how Turco does. It's all about goal tending.

Red Wings got beat by a goalie and a coach not being able to alter the game plan.Played the same way all 4 loses.
John

1. Joseph stinks, Legace's the goalie they should have moved up when Hasek left.

2. Coaching. Dave Lewis didn't inspire 110% effort like Scottie Bowman. I listened to interviews with Steve Yzerman a few years back. He said Scottie would kick their asses in practices if he saw any bit of slacking.

3. Injuries, specifically Yzerman's. Stevie's been out most of the season which resulted in lack of team leadership and initiative.

4. Did I mention Joseph stinks? I heard he was almost hit by a bus a few days ago, but luckily for him it went between his legs. No injuries were reported.

http://www.krif.com/tta/redwings.jpg

Originally posted by TT/A1233
1. Joseph stinks, Legace's the goalie they should have moved up when Hasek left.

2. Coaching. Dave Lewis didn't inspire 110% effort like Scottie Bowman. I listened to interviews with Steve Yzerman a few years back. He said Scottie would kick their asses in practices if he saw any bit of slacking.

3. Injuries, specifically Yzerman's. Stevie's been out most of the season which resulted in lack of team leadership and initiative.

4. Did I mention Joseph stinks? I heard he was almost hit by a bus a few days ago, but luckily for him it went between his legs. No injuries were reported.

http://www.krif.com/tta/redwings.jpg

Yeah, but how do you really feel, don't sugarcoat it!:D