You can type here any text you want

What happened?

• Thread starter Thread starter elcaminov6
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
E

elcaminov6

All right, heres the deal. I had some stereo stuff sitting around and finally got tired of listening to a blown speaker in my Tahoe. I put a Sony CD player into the dash along with an old sony EQ with sub outs. The ground and power connections are good, and the positive cable is fused. I ran 2 RCA cables to the back of the truck to a PPI A404 and a really old Rockford Fosgate Punch 75. The PPI is run in the bridged mode with the L+ and R- Front used for the left front MB Quart seperates, and the L+ and R- Rear used for the right speakers. The Punch is run bridged as well, and runs a pair of JL 10s. There is no possibility that the RCAs are mixed up. I fired it up and got the low impedance light on the PPI, and it seemed like a lot of static from the Punch, kind of rattled the subs. I'm pretty sure there are no shorts or grounds. Any ideas what could cause this condition?

I ran 2 RCA cables to the back of the truck..
Just trying to get htis straight. 2 pairs of cables (2 left and 2 right) or just 1 left and one right??

That PPI amp is running just one pair of Quarts right? Try running it in non-bridged mode using just 2 of the outputs and see what happens.

Let us know.

2 pairs of cables - 1 left and right for mids and highs and one pair for subs. I thought about just using one pair of channels from the amp, but have been told in the past that it's not healthy for the amp. I don't know if thats true...

Back