What is a StageII set up 87 G/N worth rolling?

maverick

Due to $$ crunch atm, I may be looking to sell my 87 G/N, ill give you some details and any input would be greatly appreciated.
87 G/N T-tops
88,000 miles---3rd owner
Backhalfed
Hothkiss 4 link Suspension
8 point roll cage
Weldon fuel pump...its 1 step down from largest Weldon offers
3" exhaust system full(new)
F.A.S.T wide band system
6 wire O2
Fiberglass hood
PTE front mount I/C
heater/blower motor removed
Large rear sway bar
15 gal Fuel cell mounted in trunk
400 Buick trans reverse V body manual shift w/ trans brake
4000 stall
Remote oiling system
Battery in trunk
NO rust, but could use a paint job to give it a fresh look
power windows
AC been removed
Trans cooler
Weld Wheels, BF goodrich drag radials on rear
Neoprene bushings
New interior carpet, but no rear seat(obviously, lol)
Power seat
Concert II sound system
power steering
Awesome workmanship..almost looks like it came from factory like this, no hack work at all!!!
Interior and trunk were coated with "Rhino" lining before carpet was installed. I'm just asking what a car like this would be worth as fair market value in case I offer it up for sale pending my work situation. All it will need is the engine, which I have one...but who knows when it will be done being built:eek:

rear end

Sorry guys I forgot to indicate what rear end.
Ford 9" narrowed/reinforced, 400 gears.
3" Aluminum drive shaft w/ loop

a good rule of thumb is...half of whats invested. Unless you find somone who REALLY wants what is for sale.

Pic's

I am not sure how to do the link stuff to post pic's as to I am not a real smart computer person, but I will see what I can come up with, and let you know when I got em up.

Well, look at the rolling backhalf Anderson has in the forsale section for $7500 OBO. Running setups seem to go in the low to mid $20's. I like the half invested rule, but non running projects usually don't get that good of a ratio. Getting it running is the best return on investment as long as you are not having to write checks for the labor.

Greg Kring
87 gn
9.0 @ 150

I checked it out

Yes, I just seen the pic's of the other car you mentioned, that is a pretty mean looking one. Mine is built to beable to run on the street as well as the track tho. Interior looks new, both front seats in it, stereo, All wiring tucked away nicely. It was built to run 8's on the track plus beable to take your girl out to dinner (and not let any other cars beat you there). But I get the idea what you guys say about 1/2 return on investment. Like I said, I'll try to figure out how to post pic's on a link, and then you guys can really help me narrow this down a bit. Thanks on all the reply's guys.

Take your girl out to dinner with no A/C or heat??
The more I think about it a better saying might be sell it for half what it would cost someone else to duplicate. Your market target is someone looking for a backhalf car, most likely to strictly race. Most of the guys wanting a streetlegal race car that may actually be driven on the street will still be disillusioned enough to be looking to add back in the A/C or at least a heater and probably is not looking for a backhalf car.

I have put mine up for sale a couple times to gauge interest. It is also a 87, all steel full interior, with A/C and heat, but not backhalfed. Stage II heads, 9 inch, carbon fiber driveshaft, wilwoods all around, etc, etc. Needs nothing, won super 16 @ the nationals, runs consitant low 9's with a best of 9.0 @ 150. I could sell it tomorrow for $25K, but little interest at $30K that I want. There is just no incentive to build a fast Buick, and the guys that do want one already are driving at least a semistock one, so we have to make the next step financially attractive.

I would expect a really nice rolling setup like you described to go for $10K (not needing paint work) and a really top notch ready to race just add motor chassis for $15K. The Anderson car looks like a steal, which shows the market is weak for heavy backhalf V-6 turbo cars.

Greg Kring

I would have to agree with summit. The value of modified cars are not fetching the money they rightfully deserve. Twin turbo race cars are lucky to get 30k in most cases which is a absolute rip off. As summit mentioned earlier it has narrowed your buyers market to guys that are looking for a racecar that have a motor already. Its almost like you have to have super tough skin to handle alot of insulting offers that will get thrown your way because of the amount of people that are interested in it, which just erks me to no end. I wish you the best of luck.

A good example on what the market for such cars are, check out what Bill Anderson and the Bamfords sold their last cars for. One was more of a street stage car amd the other was a race cars. In my opinion the cars were worth at least 2.5 times more than they sold for.Both of these cars were top of the line everything.