You can type here any text you want

what is it worth? festival car number 77

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WARBIRD89

Faster and Faster untill
I'm entertaining the possibility of selling one of my Turbo Trans Am's, the particularl one is festival car number 77, the interior is in great shape exterior is in great shape too, unfortunately I purchased a car from someone who did not know how to install a timing chain, Tom Wells of Lebanon Pennsylvania, I paid over $10,000 for this car, and drove about 50 miles before the bouncer came off, unfortunately there was severe damage to the front of motor, Mr. Wells did not find it in his heart in anyway to help me, or even returned phone calls, or e-mail. I am so lucky to have met him, what a !#@!$!@#$....

Anyway three years later I still have the car, I found an original sg1 block and heads crank and sent them to the machine shop, so as a right now I am presently in possession of 1 Turbo Trans Am that is not running, and one $8000 SG 1 motor, the motor has been completely machine, O ring heads, completely balanced blueprint, stainless valves, roller cam, aftermarket front balancer, all steel caps, appropriate fasteners for heads rods bolts flywheel, I have all receipts, and tons of parts, Polly mounts, aluminum pulleys, injectors, computer chips, and so on.

Basically my debates if I sell the car what is it worth, if I sell the motor I know I should lease get 4 K. or perhaps I should sell them both together,

Basically I am wondering what a non running festival car is worth??? In decent shape see pictures

I am also entertaining offers. Private message me.

I did not have the time to complete this project and I hate to see the car just sitting, priority have a grand national and another Turbo Trans Am, so I am not exactly at a loss. And cloth interior never really did it for me anyway.lol

I attempted posting a picture but it is not working perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Over the last year I have seen two TTAs for sale, one in CA the other in St. Louis with broken cranks selling for $5-$5.5K As it being a festival car you might get a bit more.
(and no, I cant buy another car) ;)
It might be your best interest to get it running again, and then sell it.
Maybe go with a bone stock engine set up; and save or sell the good motor you just built.

WARBIRD89 said:
I'm entertaining the possibility of selling one of my Turbo Trans Am's, the particularl one is festival car number 77, the interior is in great shape exterior is in great shape too, unfortunately I purchased a car from someone who did not know how to install a timing chain, Tom Wells of Lebanon Pennsylvania, I paid over $10,000 for this car, and drove about 50 miles before the bouncer came off, unfortunately there was severe damage to the front of motor, Mr. Wells did not find it in his heart in anyway to help me, or even returned phone calls, or e-mail. I am so lucky to have met him, what a !#@!$!@#$....

Anyway three years later I still have the car, I found an original sg1 block and heads crank and sent them to the machine shop, so as a right now I am presently in possession of 1 Turbo Trans Am that is not running, and one $8000 SG 1 motor, the motor has been completely machine, O ring heads, completely balanced blueprint, stainless valves, roller cam, aftermarket front balancer, all steel caps, appropriate fasteners for heads rods bolts flywheel, I have all receipts, and tons of parts, Polly mounts, aluminum pulleys, injectors, computer chips, and so on.

Basically my debates if I sell the car what is it worth, if I sell the motor I know I should lease get 4 K. or perhaps I should sell them both together,

Basically I am wondering what a non running festival car is worth??? In decent shape see pictures

I am also entertaining offers. Private message me.

I did not have the time to complete this project and I hate to see the car just sitting, priority have a grand national and another Turbo Trans Am, so I am not exactly at a loss. And cloth interior never really did it for me anyway.lol

Give me a call, or PM me with your numbers, I can talk you through posting a picture....I've regretted selling that TTA engine to you many, many times. Folks, its a good engine he's selling. :)

Best of Luck.....Its your turn to have some good luck now :biggrin:

Here are the pictures, with a little help from a friend (thanksLee) I got them up. I'm considering selling this car, she is a festival car, the motor needs the crankshaft cut, a new balancer, and timing chain, I have every part for this car sitting in the back in plastic containers, I believe the car has about 80k I will have to look to be sure, the car ran beautifully for the 50 miles I drove (thanks Tom) my total investment into this car including the new motor I have in the machine shop, is about $20,000, so that's only about $400 per mile, well that's not to bad, I believe the SR 71 Black Hawk is slightly less to operate.......

I would like to get over 7k for the car and if someone was interested in my machine motor, I would be willing to let the motor go for $4000 if you also purchased the car, if you wish to purchase just the motor, I will probably be looking to get at least 4500.

I do not want to put the car on eBay I would prefer to offer the car to someone here first, I am also going to be listing the car in the part and cars for sale section. I will be taking private messages on best offers. This is a great car for someone who once a project, and being this is a festival car it makes it worth it, she is No. 77. I have all paperwork on this car from Pontiac.

Attachments

• DSC04457.JPG
    DSC04457.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC04462.JPG
    DSC04462.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC04477.JPG
    DSC04477.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC04478.JPG
    DSC04478.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC04468.JPG
    DSC04468.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 139
Put items together and make One running car.Then sell it.Otherwise your going to lose big time.Why sell a motor for half of your investnment?Or take that 4 grand lose and pay someone to install it.The car will be easier to get rid of.Who knows you may even decide to keep it.

send the car up here.il put it together for you.then youll decide to keep it and get the enjoyment out of it you deserve after all the money you spent

Send me a Phone number and a good time to reach you.....Im in NJ,And im interested in talking to you about the car.

Thanks,Shawn

Or call me anytime...732-778-2273

Anybody Home???

Interested in the Car,Without the spare Motor...Have cash...Waiting on your call.

Thanks,Shawn

I apologize

I apologize for not responding to all interested parties, I have been busy selling 11 cars for the last week, taking phone calls, making shipping plans, picking people up at airports, and so on. Hopefully by the end of this week, I will be responding to all interested parties, in the order that I was contacted.

Enjoy
Stephen

Back