You can type here any text you want

What is needed to install my CD player?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times. What do I need to install my CD player (Pioneer DEh3500) Been to three places and everyone is busy due to the xmas season. Got fed up. Spent over three hours running around town in rush hour traffic and did not get a single question answered. I have the stock system in it now. There are "best buy, circuit city, wal mart, kmart" around here. Part numbers would be awesome.

RYAN

if your system is completely stock and no wires cut
then call cructhfield or drive buy BestBuy and go to installation kit with a plug and play

if your wires are cut then you will need a volt meter and crimpers with butt conectors you will have to find the
HOT-orange (usally)continueous (power even with the car off)
remote-pink(i think)igniton
use the volt meter to find these with the car off touch each wire with the postive side of the volt meter while the black touchs metal (you will not blow your system)
from there hook the aproite ones up and dont forget the ground the black one

for the speaker it all guess and check then match them up

Johnny

hope this help

Hi Ryan- I just installed a jvc cd player by myself in my 87 GN- all my stock wiring was still intact. I bought an install kit from best buy-not off the shelf but from the guy in the installation garage there (he said the ones they use are better quality than the ones in the store on the shelf-I agree). I also bought from him the wires with plug needed to adapt the stock wiring to the new cd wiring. It was easy- just solder color to color, the package has a wiring guide and so does the cd instructions. As long as you are not trying to go with extra power amps and such, the stock speaker wiring is adequate. The instructions with the kit were easy to follow, it took me about 2 hours to do. Just be careful removing your stock trim pieces and replacing them. Good Luck! Jim

Back