You can type here any text you want

What is right torque spec for Billet mains with arp studs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The correct answer here is the exact same spec the guy who performed the Align hone used....

Same with the rods.... never get them resized and then change the torque value....

The correct answer here is the exact same spec the guy who performed the Align hone used....

Same with the rods.... never get them resized and then change the torque value....

Excellent answer!

Personally I prefer the same guy, with the same torque wrench to install the crank to the same spec. I have found as much as 10 ft-lbs difference between wrenches.

Our engine standards for final assembly are much higher than a normal production shop or home garage, as are many of the other quality performance engine builders. :)

The machine shop I use actually stamps the torque spec for the mains into the block.

This is something anyone assembling their own engines should insist upon.

As for torque wrenches. I agree. If everyone used a good quality torque wrench and actually had them calibrated once in a while life would be good and we would not see threads asking why main bearings are wiped after 50 miles.

I have a 3/8 and 1/2 " techwrench from snap on.

They are quite accurate.

If you have that number this is best for sure.

The machine shop I use actually stamps the torque spec for the mains into the block.

This is something anyone assembling their own engines should insist upon.

As for torque wrenches. I agree. If everyone used a good quality torque wrench and actually had them calibrated once in a while life would be good and we would not see threads asking why main bearings are wiped after 50 miles.

I have a 3/8 and 1/2 " techwrench from snap on.

They are quite accurate.

Excellent idea!

S10xGN said:
Excellent idea!

Have the shop stamp the value in the pan rail.

Example. 95ARP = 95 ftlb with arp lube.

I also stamp the rod torque value in the rail also.

Excellent answer!

Personally I prefer the same guy, with the same torque wrench to install the crank to the same spec. I have found as much as 10 ft-lbs difference between wrenches.

Our engine standards for final assembly are much higher than a normal production shop or home garage, as are many of the other quality performance engine builders. :)
Nick, the correct answer (as usual). Wayne

Back