You can type here any text you want

What Is the Valve for ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lockman

OH, OK .......Now I get it
There was a hose attached to the valve in the Second Pic, that ran to space under the wheel well ? Anybody know what it's for ? I don't ever see any pictures of this type ? I removed the hose, and after that ,
Hose that was on Valve.jpg
Valve in Question.JPG
Part # Master Cyl.JPG
the pedal got soft & I heard what sounded like air leaking ? . I did not find any fluid at the bottom of the valve or around the area below the MC ? I appreciate any knowledge on this ID & info. Thanks, .....Lockman

Update from me reaching out to Matt Sweet @ Power Brake Service :
" the unit more likely has an internal accumulator that is part of the piston that pushes on the master cylinder. The hose was not where I thought it would be. I do not see how that hose would connect to an internal accumulator (since it moves), and I cannot tell where that is connecting to. It really might only be connected to the empty chamber and allow fluid to drain out where the hose ends rather than inside the car when the seal finally goes bad in there. That isn't that common of a thing, but it could be done.

With my knowledge of the attention to detail that the builder did 18 years ago, this is something they would have Done ! ! ! ;):cool:
Thanks, Ya'all , for 104 looks & reads..... Who Knew .......? ! ? ! SeeeeeeYaaaaaaaa...

I put my first hydroboost in 20 years ago and I’ve never seen anything like that.

Yeah , I Hear you both.... But I 'm gonna have to go with Matt Sweet's thought. I have no idea what the Builder was thinking, but that can be the only explanation. Like I said, I can NOT find another Booster ever made with that set=up, so it has to be custom.

Antway, While changing my Fuel Filter , I took these pics of the OEM Proportioning Valve . I have TSM's for everything but the Brake Hydroboost system. Sometimes I get rear drum brake 'Grab'. Wheel cylinders & seals are good. I was wondering if the 'Valve" at the right front side , in the Pic, should be in the position it is ??? > This was taken with engine off , sitting overnight. ( I'm Sorry, but the whole valve pic is upside down... do'nt know how to fix that right now ) Thanks, again---- Lockman
Proportioner Valve.JPG
Whole Proportioner Valve.JPG

Last edited:
Back