You can type here any text you want

what is this

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2quick

i just got 87 GN it has a cord with a end on it that you can click up or down up to 7 what is this and how do i operate it thanks for any info new to turbo buicks but i think im really going to like it

You probably have an adjustable 7 position chip. Check back of computer
it may have a tag on it. Call Caspers they make one.

Careful on how you run the car if the seller can not inform you of what each position means. Its defineitely an 8-position selectable chip switch. The most likely reason to use one is there are probably one or more "race" chips on there to select which may have high timing for C116 fuel and if you set it on the chip with "High" timing and have pump gas in the tank and go WOT, you could blow a headgasket very easily. There may also be a valet chip that limits rpms and maybe a security chip that will not allow the car to start.
If you can't find out what's on the chip, take it out or buy a new 8-position chip from Caspers for your setup/combo only and replace the chip thats in it.

Back