You can type here any text you want

What kind of chip do I have?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Antbankstwo3

Here is a photo of the chip that came with the car. It has this case around the chip to protect it I'm assuming. So I didn't try to remove it out of the case. So hopefully writing on it is enough to see through the case to find out what it is. Also, this orange sticker was one the chip as well. Not sure what the writing means but maybe somewhere here might know.

Thanks in advance!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok! I haven't pulled the injectors. The previous owner didn't know. I had another person look at it & be said they looked stock. The car mostly is. I pulled the chip to see of it was stock as well.

Get the numbers off the injectors and google them. Most of the time you can find the info right away.

Put the sticker back on the chip it covers the window on the chip that us used to erase the chip with UV light. Your chip is slowly being erased without the sticker

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Put the sticker back on the chip it covers the window on the chip that us used to erase the chip with UV light. Your chip is slowly being erased without the sticker

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes, I did. I thought it was covered for some reason. I only had it u covered for a few minutes. Can that do any damage?

You are correct stockers.

For future reference all you need to do is enter the injector part number in google search and it will tell you everything you want or need to know about them.

You are correct stockers.

For future reference all you need to do is enter the injector part number in google search and it will tell you everything you want or need to know about them.
Perfect! Thank u! & Yes, Google has been a tremendous help to me as well. I am currently bringing back to life this GN a previous owner neglected. I have found tons of info from google. Great suggestion :)

You are welcome. Keep working at it and you will get it running right and make it into the car it was meant to be.

Back in the mid 90's i did the same thing as you are doing. I bought an 86 t-type that the previous owner neglected to maintain for what ever reason,it was a good car but with a lot of little problems that really was a challenge to get sorted out and running right.

That's awesome about your T-Type & Yes! That's what I'm finding out as well. LOTS of lil' things. But all fixable. I can't wait to get it cruisin'...

If I kept this same chip could I do a bit bigger injectors?

No, not usually. Back in the day some would drop very slightly larger injectors (30's or so) in, but that's not the right way to do it. If you get some larger injectors, get a new TT chip to match them.

No, not usually. Back in the day some would drop very slightly larger injectors (30's or so) in, but that's not the right way to do it. If you get some larger injectors, get a new TT chip to match them.

Ok! That sounds good. I appreciate the feedback. Thank u!

Back