You can type here any text you want

What Offset For 20x8.5 Wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thepremier

I am going to be running some Foose 20x8.5 wheels, and I need to know the correct offset to run with my 87 GN. I've done some searching in the forum, but I haven't gotten a definitive answer yet. I would appreciate the help from anybody who is knowledgable about this subject.

Thanks

heres what MHT sent me in response to that question;
Hope this helps,
GC

Greg,
Thank you for your interest in Foose Classics wheels.

We do offer the Nitrous style in Gray. We also offer 20x8.5 and 20x10
sizes.

However, our 20x8.5 comes with either a 4" rear spacing or a 4.5" rear
spacing.

On the rears, our 20x10 comes with either 4.5" or 5.25" rear spacing.

Of course, your dealer would need to do a fitment check first but the
20x8.5 5x4.75 bolt pattern with 4.5" rear spacing
20x10 5x4.75 bolt pattern with 5.25" rear spacing
would be your best bet.

Thanks again for your interest

Great Info

Thanks for the response bro,

Did you end up going with a Foose wheel? Did you do 20x8.5 all the way around, or did you stagger them? At the wheel shop today, initially I wanted the staggered fitment, but the guy said that I might want to think about going 20x8.5 all the way around because I will be having an airbag suspension. Does that make sense?

Thanks

Air ride on 10" rears may be tight at full deflation. I had to put off my Fooses for a lil bit, I have a son due early Jan 07.
I will still do 10" rears and 8.5" fronts, but I am doin no adj slammed susp., I also gotta get my wifes 20"s... I made a deal that if she got a sport wagon, it'd be cool too, not just a grocery/soccer mom car. (07 Passat 2.0T wagon dropped 2")

Air ride on 10" rears may be tight at full deflation. I had to put off my Fooses for a lil bit, I have a son due early Jan 07.
I will still do 10" rears and 8.5" fronts, but I am doin no adj slammed susp., I also gotta get my wifes 20"s... I made a deal that if she got a sport wagon, it'd be cool too, not just a grocery/soccer mom car. (07 Passat 2.0T wagon dropped 2")

So I guess the guy knew what he was talking about. Congrats on your newborn son, I just had a baby girl. She's 6 months now, first child so I'm having a blast raising her.

Thanks Again bro

This was from a rep w/ MHT that builds Foose wheels, this for a 1"-2" dropped GN w/ no flares.

Back