You can type here any text you want

What other carb[s] will work, n/a 3.8

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ronbuick

Hi, Folks, I have a 87 regal with the n/a 3.8 that needs a new
carb, any of you guys know what can be used in place of the original one and have the proper linkage, a manual or elec. choke,
is ok, the make and model of a carb that would work would sure be helpful, thanks.
Ron

I'm not sure what you mean. If its what other years did they use a 2 barrel vara-jet like my OEM than any 81-87 varajet from a NA will work. If its what 4 barrel will work than get yourself a manifold and quadrajet from a 81-85 4.1 from a Regal,LeSabre/Park Ave or Cadillac. The connectors for the computer are the same so if you are still using an ECM this would be a bolt in. Eric Fisher

Eric, it is what other type of carb would work other then the one that is on there, Holley, Edlebrock, etc, it is a 2bbl, the casrb runs pig rich when I first start it when it is cold, black smoke poors out like its a diesel, rev it up and it will clear itself, but it takes a few minutes, any ideas , thanks, Ron
I would like to keep it a 2bbl carb

Sounds like yours just needs a good cleaning/rebuild. No aftermarket carb that I know of is made for these cars.
Jim

i got a good running spare 2 barrel if you need it for $50.00 plus shipping. i know these go for $200.

If you dont work something out with 49blues let me know ive also got a good carb and intake for cheap

49, I will try our your carb, 83 you are prolly right on that it needs
rebuilt, 49 I will pm you, thanks.
Ron

Back