You can type here any text you want

What plugs for my new setup ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

OK all my new parts are installed (see sig) and car is running pretty darn good...just needs a little tweaking and should be good to go. I'm guessing I should get some new plugs so what should I get and what gap...running 93 w/Razor's ALKY kit ? I'm currently running AC R42LTS gap .035

Thanks,
Scott

Plugs gapped down to .032. Any are fine. AC or NGK

Wondering if an occasional backfire is happening do to my plugs being gapped @ .035 instead of .032 ? This has happened 2 times now...both times with the dump open...never happened going through the exhaust (20# boost)...now that all the new parts are installed and I have a new O2 and now a working MAF it is running a little richer then before. When I open the dump I get about 5 more lb's boost (25# boost)...is it blowing out my spark do to more boost and too big plug gap? It's the kind of backfire that happens if the car cuts out and then starts back up...fuel builds up in the exhaust and then BOOM...it was definitely out the 3" cutout. I know I need to change the plugs and gap to .032 just got the car running and haven't done that yet...they were set for basically a stock setup at .035. Will change the plugs this weekend.

-Scott

Yes plugs will do that.

Just think.. some guys change plugs after every run. :D

Yes plugs will do that.

Just think.. some guys change plugs after every run. :D

I was hoping that was it...scared the h#!! out of me...thought I blew it up the 1st time but it ran just fine afterwords. I decided to drive it to work today since it seemed to be running pretty good to put some easy highway miles on it and see how it does. Ran real nice and smooth...as I got near work I opened the electric dump and laid into it and KABOOM!!! At that point it hit me...hummm probably the plugs. Other than that so far so good seems to be runs very nice...your ALKY kit is AMAZING :biggrin:

Thanks,
Scott

update...changed my plugs with some fresh AC R42LTS gapped .032 and all seems well. Went out a little Saturday night after changing...so far no more backfires. I also installed the Q-Boost manual controller but w/o the in-car bleader for now. Did see a 25+ lbs a couple of times and no knock...WOT BLM's ~127-128 (little lower driving around 122-124) and O2's ~790-800. Alky set between 5 & 6...fuel pressure 43 w/vacuum line off.

-Scott

Back