You can type here any text you want

what race/class to run

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pittman

Ok

If you have an 8.50-9.00 second buick.
NHRA cert cage, etc
what are some good races to go to.

Some with other buicks and some for a free for all.

Originally posted by Pittman
Ok

If you have an 8.50-9.00 second buick.
NHRA cert cage, etc
what are some good races to go to.

Some with other buicks and some for a free for all.
I've wondered that myself. Is SS/DX the only class to run a stage engine’d TR? I get so damned confused trying to figure out the Lucas Oil classes. Not that I have the time or a trailer to go to any race track but drive to Englishtown but I wondered myself what class could I run my full frame, stock suspension, stage II, TH-400 and certified cage car? Mines full weight at 3650 race weight. I can always stick with the bracket gamblers races but would be nice to get into a real points class one of these years.

In 2002 I was running modified eliminator BB/AT in IHRA. Index was 8.60. Record was 7.82 @ 174. IHRA eliminated modified eliminator for 2003. Lots of P.O.'d people.

For 2003, NHRA has Competition Eliminator. BB/AT record is held by Kenny Detweiler. 7.19 @ 196.5 on 5/17/03. Index is 7.66. I couldn't run that fast going down hill with a tornado pushing me. Now you're playing with the big boys.

I suspect this class will be running in the 6's for 2004. WOW!

Good luck. Don't forget about the Texas race September 27. This is followed by the Las Vegas race on Oct 3,4. Also, the Noble, OK race in October.

Originally posted by opeltwinturbo
For 2003, NHRA has Competition Eliminator. BB/AT record is held by Kenny Detweiler. 7.19 @ 196.5 on 5/17/03. Index is 7.66. I couldn't run that fast going down hill with a tornado pushing me. Now you're playing with the big boys.
What was Ken running? His twin turbo V8 in the Olds?

Guys,

Last time I talked to Kenny the v-8 for his cutlass was about 280ci so that it could be in the same weight class as the v-6.
If I remember it had a flat crank. If Kenny has the time it will be faster than the v-6!

Back