You can type here any text you want

What RPM does your TTA shift at?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jas89TTA

On my TTA I can not get it to go over 3500 RPMs when in gear, It tries to go past but it has no power. I can put it in first and take off and as soon as it hits close to 3500 RPms it's like a dog no power. When in park or neutral it revs fine. Could it be a bad torque converter? Thanks, Jason

Need more info on the car.

But, it sounds like it might be valve springs gone bad.

Just a guess for now.HTH

Does your car still have a catalytic converter?Sounds like a clogged cat to me.Try gutting it,it wont cost you any money.

HTH,
Steve

The car still has the cat on it I'll check it. I have a ticking noise under the RH valve cover, I've pulled the covers off while it was idleing and the arms all seemed to move fine. I think it's just a lifter making noise. The best way I can describe it is as soon as it hits at about 3500 RPMs it just has no power, I can't get it to 4000 RPms, Under 1/2 throttle and 3/4 throttle it's fine it shifts right at 3000 RPMs, I've adjusted the TV cable and still have the same problem at the higher RPMs. The tranny was rebuilt but the torque converter was not replaced. The guy who rebuilt it for me said someone was in the tranny before and drilled the valve body, and begning to wonder if that has anything to do with it. Thanks, Jason

Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat! Get rid of the Cat!

So Mike, what exactly are you trying to say? :D

I would guess cat, valve springs, or detonation.

Maybe someone stuffed potatoes into your tail pipes :D

That potato problem can be very troublesome to diagnose :D

Almost forgot..you live in Florida and have a cat on your car..

Buwahahaha

I live in AZ and have to go through emissions every year and they check for a cat so I have to have it on my car, but the other 364 days out of the year are another story :D

The CAT is gone :D and the problem is fixed. The car pulled past 4000 RPms in first today.

Back