What should I do?

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I guess it's time to "thin the herd" I need to get rid of some of these cars and having never sold a GN, I'm not sure of it's value, so maybe ya'll can help out.
The first to go will be my 86 GN. It needs paint, the roof is starting to fade, and the front is pock marked with 20 years of stone chips. There is no rust through anywhere that I'm aware of. Some minor bubbling on the lower rear corner of the driver's door and that's all I'm aware of. The car has never been involved in an accident, never leaked, etc.
It's a fully loaded 86, with moonroof, digital dash,etc. Interior is outstanding (new apholstery, except upper door panels). One minor patch in carpet where the rollbar was removed.
Everything works except the antenna (that's a surprise).
The car is a high mileage car though. It is pushing 170,000. Yes I've enjoyed driving it everywhere. The engine has about 40,000. The tranny is a billeted parts bullet proof piece. There is also a 7 disc vigilante (with typical "put into gear stall" fetish). Rear end girdle. Rear LCA's are Hotchkis.
In tank ATR double pumper.
Engine:
Internally, bone stock
Externally, PTE44 w/.85, MSD 50's, CAS V2 FMIC, THDP, stock headers, ATR crossover.

There will be many parts included. The most noteworthy of which will be the original numbers matching block(undamaged). (BTW, the tranny in the car is the original numbers matching tranny).
The original heads, intake, etc. etc.

As you guessed I'm the original owner. It would be pointless to post the VIN, because the first thing you'll see on carfax is possible odometer tampering. Only because the idiots in CA smog stations wrote down what they saw without verifying it. Others did. Trust me, the mileage on the car is correct, 170,000 plus.
Oh, forgot, Translator Pro (no maf), Powerlogger, Scanmaster 2.2. OR I can remove all that, and revert it back to it's original Translator + and LS1 maf (what fun would that be?).

I'm thinking about asking a firm $10,000 cash. (Lot's o' parts, bring a truck and trailer).

Please feel free to comment, ask questions. tell me if I'm out of line, whatever.

The next to go will be the 84 Z28, followed by the 87 GN. Last to go will be the truck.

I should have mentioned that pix can be viewed in the photo link in my sig.
Tranny was built by Don Wang of DRW transmissions in Southern CA. Using billet parts from Bruce Toelle (Performance Transmissions) of Northern CA.

Forgot to mention it also has a WBO2 obviously.

When was the last time you seen a DR......you been here for many yrs,,,and now your sportin pics and Avatars of some gay honda,,WTF:tongue: :eek: ,go get your wife and have her take you to the dr......:cool: its a honda...

Turbodave, just hold on to it for now if you can, it will be worth much more later on, I remember when a few years ago a 1966-72 Malibu would cost about 2500, now they are worth 10000 for the same car, and this isnt even the SS model!:eek:

I would personally rather get a GN with bad original paint than a nice repaint, its just proof of no rust/body damage

Turbodave, just hold on to it for now if you can, it will be worth much more later on, I remember when a few years ago a 1966-72 Malibu would cost about 2500, now they are worth 10000 for the same car, and this isnt even the SS model!:eek:

I would personally rather get a GN with bad original paint than a nice repaint, its just proof of no rust/body damage

You're probably right. I've had a number of friends and family talking me into keeping it. For the time being anyway.
Some of the noobs comments were a bit agrivating though. You'd think they were self appointed GN/TR experts. But I suppose in retrospect, describing the car accurately probably got them to thinking I was trying to unload a piece of crap.
I got news for some the negative commeters (And I don't mind the negative comments because I asked for oppinions), high mileage don't mean crap! Unless of course you're looking for an investment. If you're looking for a one owner, well maintained car, it don't matter what kind of car it is.

Truth be told, a one owner, numbers matching car even with high mileage is still worth a "few bucks".

And when I do sell it, the buyer is going to have to provide one very important guarantee. That the car be garage kept! That's where it's been all it's life. It'd be nice for it not to have to spend the remainder of it's life sitting outside rotting in the sun. That's how I care for my cars.

But back to the point. You're right gmpower. I'll hang on to it.

To everyone that commented, thank you. If this post was a waste of bandwidth, I appologize.