what should i have run

pracingrev1140

hi all took the gn to the track last night ,for test and tuning i want too see if i should have ran faster .my mods are ta 49 thdp 3'' exh 160 stat 340 pump ,hot wired stock inj adj reg stock valve springs,. they need changing. well that s the main stuff any way my first past was a 12 70 @110 with a 2.00 60 ft that was with the boost set at 20. fuel press @50 a set of quick time pros 27 by 11 with 15 pounds of air . went back to pits lowered air to 12 pds turned boost up to 25 set fuel at 53 pds car went 12 56 at 111mph short time went to1.97.any idea what kind of time i should have run still trying too get the hang of racing a turbo buick. thanks RR

111 is good for 11.9's if you can cut a 1.6 60ft.

Stock injectors? 111 mph means its time to upgrade. They are done.

Did you lock the converter? Thats worth about 2 mph and .2

Was the car spinning off the line or was it sluggish?

The excess FP should make it way lazy, but at 45 psi you will likely be lean on top (see stock injectors)

If it was spinning off the line, put 20 psi in the right side airbag. 2.0 60fts are about .3-.4 less than the tires are capable of (which is about .5 - .6 in the 1/4 - there is your 11.9)

Valve springs will help, but they will also help you lean out the stock injectors faster. The last stock injector TA49 car around here went 113 before his headgasket went. Don't be like him.

ok thanks to every body who answered .the car did spin off the line and it also was sluggest. it seemed to take for ever to start to build rpm ,i was manually shifting it. as far as the start line boost it would only handle 5 pd,s off the line before trying to push threw the light s . i hate that ,well i guess its time for some inj ,s idont want to blow a hd gst although i would like to port these heads some time .thanks UNGN :cool: for your reply RR oh i more thing i did not lock up convertor i dont know how to actually .and i found out later that the tire s were rubbing the frame on both sides so there s some et thanks again .

I wouldn't bother manual shifting. If the TV cable is set correctly, just put it in drive. There is no value added in shifting it yourself.

If its pushing through the lights, do some rear brake work. Take the drums off and makes sure everything is clean, with no leaks, or dust build up, Put on 4 long, soft shoes and adjust the brakes out so you have a good pedal. The biggest cure for pushing is a line lock. The burnout heats up the rear brakes so they don't want to hold. A line lock and doing a burnout with wet tires will should allow much higher boost levels before the car pushes. If it still pushes, you may have to move up to bigger wheel cylinders.

To lock up the converter, you make a switch that grounds the ALDL terminal "F". Instructions are on GNT-Type.org in the tech sections under electrical and switches.