What size speakers?

Do yourself a favor and don't put any tweeters behind your head.

I've never heard ANY car sound good that had treble coming from behind you, it will destroy your chances at a center image upfront, where you can here left/right stereo separation.

no car, not once, not ever, that I am familiar w/has ever done well in the sound quality comps with treble anywhere other than in-front of you.

you should be able to put some 4's in there

i've done this and they drop right in, only thing you may watch out for is the tweeter that isn't level with the speaker. this will cause your grill to not snap down right. 4 1/4 inch or 9/32 screws and you should be good. if it has 3.5 and only 2 bolts holding it in don't be surprised. if someone replaced the speakers before you then this may be the case. head out to the auto parts store and buy you a set of bolts and those washer/nut plates that tighten to your dash. let me know what brands your looking at. kenwood is ok for a japanese speaker. been around awhile and if your not pumping too much through it then you should be ok. if your running your car stereo through it then you should be fine but may look into bass blockers so you don't blow them if you crank it alittle.

I picked kicker ks400's for the front and kicker ks690's for the back. And ya I'm pretty sure the speakers were replaced with delco replacements by the original owner. And I remember looking up front and only seeing 2 screws olding the grille in. And the grille is also cracked over each speaker grille .

cracked grill is normal

I picked kicker ks400's for the front and kicker ks690's for the back. And ya I'm pretty sure the speakers were replaced with delco replacements by the original owner. And I remember looking up front and only seeing 2 screws olding the grille in. And the grille is also cracked over each speaker grille .

sun bakes the grill and when you pry it up it breaks real easy. good speakers to go with, and i don't understand why someone would want to go back to ac delco. another thing for guys wanting to know why their speakers sound bad may be the original factory speakers are sunbaked and the foam surrounding the frame usually dries up and breaks off. on factory speakers you cannot see it clearly unless you either take the speaker out and look under the speaker or make a small incision into the cloth covering the speaker and looking. bet if they are factory speakers they are long overdue for replacing. let me know if you have any other ?'s i know it was more info then you asked but better to be safe then sorry.

one last thing i wanted to add is a safe way to check which is your positive and negative. this requires a 9V battery, take your speaker out and take one side of the battery and put it directly to your speaker. if it pops up 1st then down you have it + on + and - on -. if it goes the other way then you know it's + on -. the small connector or cup on the 9v is your +. just wanted to add that, simple way to check if you have polarity. then check your plug and see how it plugs into your speaker and

cracked grill is normal

sun bakes the grill and when you pry it up it breaks real easy. good speakers to go with, and i don't understand why someone would want to go back to ac delco. another thing for guys wanting to know why their speakers sound bad may be the original factory speakers are sunbaked and the foam surrounding the frame usually dries up and breaks off. on factory speakers you cannot see it clearly unless you either take the speaker out and look under the speaker or make a small incision into the cloth covering the speaker and looking. bet if they are factory speakers they are long overdue for replacing. let me know if you have any other ?'s i know it was more info then you asked but better to be safe then sorry.

one last thing i wanted to add is a safe way to check which is your positive and negative. this requires a 9V battery, take your speaker out and take one side of the battery and put it directly to your speaker. if it pops up 1st then down you have it + on + and - on -. if it goes the other way then you know it's + on -. the small connector or cup on the 9v is your +. just wanted to add that, simple way to check if you have polarity. then check your plug and see how it plugs into your speaker and you should see which is your positive. also the color codes are on ( the12volt.com ) free website and it has alot of useful info for do it yourselfers.

Thanks a ton for all the info man! and the guy i got it from was kind of oddball, no idea why he went with delco replacements, but they definitely sounds like total crap. got a kenwood kdc-c693 as my head unit and a kenwood 12" sub, cant wait to get this stuff hooked up. wont be for a couple months yet though. Not worth it to install in the cold lol.

oh dang

i just noticed your in canada, i can only imagine how cold it is, it's about 30-40 today and i go around in shorts all the time in this weather. doubt i'd be doing that up there.

Haha ya man, its pretty cold up here. about 14ºF here (-10 celcius) so no shorts for me. but we havent got much snow where i am, kind of disappointing, Only got to take out my snowmobiles once :(. oh well, less winter means more gn!

that's positive thinking

damn my bones are shivering thinking of that. hell let me cover my feet before they get frostbite.

you know whats funny, i read your sig just now, and i bought my car in early may too got mine on the 4th if i remember correctly. oh any a good pair of boots and winter jacket and its really not so bad. one day i plan on moving somewhere warmer so my poor cart doesnt have to fear the evils of salt.

it's cool man

i just don't see the snow and cold. we're lucky to get 1-2 good freezes here. maybe some sleet that doesn't stick. funny thing about that is everyone wants to go to work and winds up in the guard rail. take it easy bro and since you have months before you install you may draw up a diagram so you'll have a game plan. alot of people don't do this and do it on the whim. bad thing to do since it's always good to know the layout before you install. let me know if you need help i may be able to draw it up for you and help you make it a flawless install just give me an idea of budget and equipment other then speakers.

Ill get you some dimensions when I get home, the help would be great. You must be pretty into your sound systems. You seem to know a lot about them.

I've got a set of Pioneer 4x10's new in the box. The box has been opened but the speakers appear untouched. They are model # TS-A4103. I bought them but found my rear's had already been switched out. $35 shipped conus..little more for farther out..

Teaser pic of what's to come... he he.

24603_1407900675836_1182005218_1143791_5805499_n.jpg