You can type here any text you want

What size tire for 16x7 wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

deezdad

I'm looking to replace all 4 tires, currently they are 245/50/16 all around but I want to run a larger rear tire if possible...would 255/50/16 fit w/out rubbing or creating other drivability issues? Car is really only driven on the street and has gnx suspension. thanks...

I ran 255 50s, but on IROC wheels. I also used a 7/16" universal spacer to move them out towards the wheel lip. Depends on your BS but I wouldn't think moving up one size will make it rub. Are you unusually close on either side with your present size?

Seems to be plenty of room under there just not a tire expert, in other words i'm not familiar w/ how much space it takes up going 1 size bigger...i got these 5 spoke bmw borbet wheels that don't look very aggressive...figured a slightly larger rear tire may improve the appearence...i think real gnx's run 245 front 255 rear...already got the repro suspension so gonna try the 255's in the rear...thanks red

just took some measurements...on the inside there's 1/2" clearence to the frame w/ the 245/50's that are on it now (slightly deflated from sitting)...the outside holding a tape against the top center of the sidewall its 3" in from the plane of the lip of the well...maybe need bigger spacers?

thanks for the link!...been searching around the web and there are mixed opinions on weather a 255/50/16 should even be mounted on a 7" wheel :confused: looking at summit's site for tires they say 7" minimum 9" max wheel for that tire size

It would be nicer if you had wider rims, but you don't, so don't worry about it. So you won't get every micron of tread on the pavement, so what! :)

Back