what to do with this 3800 supercharged regal

i want to keep realiability but give her a good boost keep it with in $1000 gonna do it in increments though what should i do 1st then so on.

well first off dont do what most do and start with a smaller pulley on the sc lol

as far as a $1000 budget that should get you high 13's , mid if you have your crap together , buy used mods smartly and race at a resonable DA ( sea level + or - 500 feet)

theres several ways to approach it headers are about the best start you could ask for but your looking at $350-600 or more depending on new , used , brand ,etc... but you will never have to ditch headers to upgrade.

intakes you can buy nice aftermarket ones for around $200 or build one that will give similar results yourself for around $75 but will need to decide between a cold air intake or a fenderwell intake

when you do get intake and exhaust mods in place to be able to consider dropping pulley sizes be sure to buy a modular ( quick swap) pulley setup and start conservatively , if you chose to go headers 3.5 pulley headers intake ,3.5 pulley congrats you now have a 13 sec car if you can drive it well and have the typical supporting mods in place (colder copper core plugs , 180* t stat , fresh gm fuel filter , new gm plug wires)

if you didnt go headers you may have chosen a 3" downpipe with ubend delete and a zzp powerlog to replacev the front manifold , if you went this route you may or may not get away with a 3.5 and may have to go 3.6

if you get a tuner your headers car can likely take a 3.4 pulley at least with a blend of race fuel at the track - now your quick change pulley setup pays off - change pulley for the track

one of the best bang for the buck cars I have seen is now a parts car in my back yard after it got hit and had rot issues ( I plan on moving the eng/trans/mods into another car) it had a wizair intake , pacesetter headers , a 3.4 pulley , 1.9 modified rockers , tune , thats it and it ran 13.3 in a full weight car. my dialy driver went 13.5 on 3.5 pulley , powerlog , ported rear , 3" downpipe ,homemade intake , ported TB . tune , dr's

if your looking to start out real cheaply make an intake with 4" intake tubing from zzp or intense for about $20 , run it out to the fenderwell and put a K&N cone filter in the fender roughly $75 also delete the u bend (where the rear o2 sensor is located look its rediculous and the biggest restriction on a stock car) and delete the resonator while your there if staying with the stock catback and it will still be plenty quiet , it should run low 14's with not much over $100 if you start with this - be careful now it gets addictive !! my daughters gs ran 14.4 @96 with just a homemade fenderwell intake ubend/res delete should drop a few tenths

next question what can i do easiest to keep my wife from knowing im modding it lol

HA ! thats how I started !

unless she goes away for the weekend skip the headers for now - it can be done in 4 or 5 hours but typically some follow up hardware issues , leaks to chase etc...

I started out with an intake , colder plugs & stat , and a 3" catless downpipe and it was like a different car , eventually added a powerlog , professionally ported rear manifold from zzp, stage 1 ported tb , modular pulley system ,mail order pcm , any of those will take an hour or so each to swap out -pretty easy stuff to do covertly