You can type here any text you want

What torque, ARP studs and lube

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ronbuick

Getting heads back soon from the "ol" dreaded head gasket failure, and can not remember what the final torque should be on the studs and using ARP lube, I also remember talking with Terry Ryan several years ago when I used ARP bolts and he recommended several more pounds of torque either on the intake or exhaust side, but can not for the life of me remember, anyone out there know about the diff. in torque between the two and also what should the final torque be using above lube. All info appreciated.
Thanks

Ron

Getting heads back soon from the "ol" dreaded head gasket failure, and can not remember what the final torque should be on the studs and using ARP lube, I also remember talking with Terry Ryan several years ago when I used ARP bolts and he recommended several more pounds of torque either on the intake or exhaust side, but can not for the life of me remember, anyone out there know about the diff. in torque between the two and also what should the final torque be using above lube. All info appreciated.
Thanks

Ron

Studs & lube I go 80 but like to add an extra few lbs onto it after they sit a day. Just 2-3 extra is what I use. Search Turbofabricator & head studs. he has many posts about installing them & mentions the longer ones get a few more lbs. I dont do that myself but he is a pretty smart guy with these engines so take it for what its worth. Good reading!!

Thanks

Ron

Studs & lube I go 80 but like to add an extra few lbs onto it after they sit a day. Just 2-3 extra is what I use. Search Turbofabricator & head studs. he has many posts about installing them & mentions the longer ones get a few more lbs. I dont do that myself but he is a pretty smart guy with these engines so take it for what its worth. Good reading!!

Here is a good read on installation. Works everytime for me!! TurboBuicks.com - Head Studs That Don't Leak!

Thanks for the info, just could not remember the torque values, but I think I will use the 567 PST, got two tubes coming tuesday instead of the ARP sealant.

Ron

Back