You can type here any text you want

Whatever became of Buddy Cox...?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Just out of curiosity, does someone know if Buddy Cox of Salisbury, Md still has his GNX (#187) race car? I remember in the 1990's, he (along with guys like Jim D'Alessandro, Ron Fruchey, Tom Rix, Lawrence Conley, Ken Duttweiler, Eric Rankin, and Frank Smith who's car was sponsored by "Turbo Tune" Pat Stajdel & Bill Geiger of Hainesport, NJ, etc...) was among the fastest Buick guys (and the only one racing a GNX !) :eek:. Unfortunately, we never hear or read anything about him anymore...I wonder where he is now and if he's still into Buicks?...:confused: :rolleyes:

Claude. :redface:

Pioneers

Don't know about Buddy Cox but Tom Rix is alive and doing very well.He races his stage cars in N.H.R.A Superstock and has the meanest Apollo running in Top Stock.I have spoke to him a few times.Great guy he is on V8Buick.com alot.The first time I met him it was like he had known you all his life.:biggrin:I wish he would come back to the Turbo life :rolleyes:Nice to see some of the pioneers of these cars.

Kevin

If I am remembering correctly Billy Andersen sold Buddy's GNX race car for him a few years ago, along with the rest of his stage II stuff. I think he still lives in Salisbury but is out of cars these days.

If I am remembering correctly Billy Andersen sold Buddy's GNX race car for him a few years ago, along with the rest of his stage II stuff. I think he still lives in Salisbury but is out of cars these days.

That was Barry Walker you are thinking of Carl, pretty sure Buddy still has the race car. I got a call a couple years ago when they were trying to move his sons GNX and all the original parts from his and at that time there was no intet to sell the big tire car.

Thanks guys for the replies!...Anyone else knows the whereabouts of Buddy's GNX?...I keep thinking that since it's the only GNX (that I've heard of) that was transformed into a race car (with tubs and roll cage, etc...), it should be pretty easy to identify...:wink:

Claude. :)

That was Barry Walker you are thinking of Carl, pretty sure Buddy still has the race car. I got a call a couple years ago when they were trying to move his sons GNX and all the original parts from his and at that time there was no intet to sell the big tire car.

Thanks for setting me straight, Bill. I was afraid I was having a senior moment and getting them confused.

Back