You can type here any text you want

whats a good affordable brake upgrade

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87grandnat

i am looking for a good brake system that isnt' "too" high in cost for a daily driven gn,

Aerospace brakes www.aerospacecomponents.com

For $775 (with braided lines)
FRONT KIT INCLUDES
Billet Aluminum 4 Piston Calipers
Billet Aluminum Mounting Brackets
Grade 8 Hardware
Billet Aluminum Hubs w/srew on dust caps
Bearings & Seals
1/2'' Studs 3'' Long
Billet Aluminum Hub Adapter
Pads
10 3/4'' Diameter .81'' Thick Cast Vaned Rotors

If you need pics on my GN, email me

turbolova@hotmail.com

Wilwood also offers full kit. The kit is almost the same as above but no brake lines, does require slight modification of the spindle but very minor. It is also $100 or more cheaper than the Aerospace kit:D I have this kit brand new never installed thinking about selling because I want 12" or bigger front brakes. I have a Wilwood setup for the back for 9" Ford rearend 12" rotors cant have smaller brakes up front. I'll put that on the car when I have the setup for the front.:cool: This should be in the Chassis,Brakes..section though:rolleyes:

If anyone has done the swap to the Aerospace / Wilwood / Strange front brake set up I'd be interested in hearing what the weight savings was.

Thanks,

Jim

You can get from NAPA thei high performance brake rotors, drilled and zinc washed. High performance pads, ceramic pads. Good calipers rebuilt from any good source. Or contact wilwood for a set of metric aluminum stock replacement calipers. All this should be under 400 dollars and will make a big difference ins stopping power. I also used SS lines front and rear.

Back