You can type here any text you want

Whats a good tire for the front?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Murdock

I have some cheap rubber on now, but Im mounting Nitto drag radials on and looking for a good front tire maybe a 225/50/15??...its a daily driver see's the track once in awhile...I dont beat up on it to much...but i do get the occasional Viper, Z06 guys that try to run. So any ideas on MFG/Type of tire would be good...I was thinking of the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport...what are your thoughts?

Assuming that you're using the stock 15"x7" wheels, I wouldn't go larger than 235-60-15 for the front. This should save you from some rubbing issues too...Just choose a good known tire brand (Michelin, Good Year, Kumho, Hankook, etc...) and you should be all right.

Claude. :)

I like the way the stock front tire size (215/65) looks with 275s out back.

Jim

I have some cheap rubber on now, but Im mounting Nitto drag radials on and looking for a good front tire maybe a 225/50/15??...its a daily driver see's the track once in awhile...I dont beat up on it to much...but i do get the occasional Viper, Z06 guys that try to run. So any ideas on MFG/Type of tire would be good...I was thinking of the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport...what are your thoughts?

I'd say, if you haven't already purchased the Nittos, look into the Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials. Far superior drag radials than any other on the market.
I also like the 215/65's in front. They match up well with the 275/50's in the rear for height and looks

My .02

I like the 235/60/15 on the front, since I understand this is the biggest the stock wheel will carry safely.

Sending a pair of wheels to Trudesign for repair/widening to 8".

And a question...
With the new 8" wheel, what is good size tire to run on the rear and match the height of the 235's/wheel speed for the speedometer?

TIA

Here's mine with 215/65s on 15x7 front wheels. 15x8 in the back with Mickey Thompson 275/50s.

gn_112203.jpg

Jim

I run 15x8 front...Convo Pro Centerlines and Im rolling the front wheel wells in case of rubbing. I already bought the Nittos otherwise I would go with the Mickeys...I brightened up the pic so you see the drags on the rear..but what to do with the front...maybe even a lowering job aswell??

Attachments

• 86buick crop.JPG
    86buick crop.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 176
I run the stock size tire in the front 215-65-15, I have run 235-60-15's on the front also on a 15x7" rim. The 235's will only rub slightly on a full wheel turn, not a big deal. I have 255-60-15's on the rear on a 15x7" rim.

I like the 235/60/15 on the front, since I understand this is the biggest the stock wheel will carry safely.

Sending a pair of wheels to Trudesign for repair/widening to 8".

And a question...
With the new 8" wheel, what is good size tire to run on the rear and match the height of the 235's/wheel speed for the speedometer?

TIA
Sent a set to Trudesign and had them widened to 8's. They look mint.
Got some MT DR 275-50's (26in tall) to match stock height for the speedo. Haven't mounted them yet though.

Talked to Jim

He recommends either 4.1 or 4.25, based on application and what tire the customer plans on running.

Back