You can type here any text you want

Whats Better Than M/T ET Street Radials??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Underboost said:
What is the best tire on the market?

I am sick of buying these M/T E.T Radials for the street.

It seems like a set every 8 weeks. :(

Are the Mickey Thompson® ET Street® Nylon, tubetype good?

http://mickeythompsontires.com/strip.html

NItto Drs will last a lot longer, but won't hook as well. They'll be a lot better if you get caught out in the rain though.

I hear alot of people say that the Nitto's are better in the rain,Since I have never owned a set of them,I will take everyones word for it.

But I can say that I got caught in a hell of a rain storm coming home from Maryland (to NJ),Rained the entire time,And I had no problems driving at 60-70mph the entire time in a Mid 10 sec car.On Mickey DR's

I think any of the Drag Radials work ok in the rain,You just have to remember to adjust your driving to the weather.(No 8psi launches from Traffic Lights.. ;) )

I'm running MT Drag Radials now and they seem good for a 1/10th compared to BFG Drag Radials. I tried the MT's because they hook better but... they are wearing fast. A few burnouts and runs and you can visually notice the wear.

BFG Drag Radials are all around great tires because they hook well and wear well IMO. I've had them on both my cars since they were "invented" 10 years ago. I never tried Nitto's (I'll pass on the rice, thank you), but I've heard from everyone they wear well but don't hook like the MT's and BFG's.

MT Street ET's are not radials and if you drive your car on the street, you'll notice that right away...plus, you may always be worried about puncturing one and getting a flat. I think you can't go wrong with BFG's for street/strip use. Paul

paul vilser said:
I'm running MT Drag Radials now and they seem good for a 1/10th compared to BFG Drag Radials. I tried the MT's because they hook better but... they are wearing fast. A few burnouts and runs and you can visually notice the wear.

BFG Drag Radials are all around great tires because they hook well and wear well IMO. I've had them on both my cars since they were "invented" 10 years ago. I never tried Nitto's (I'll pass on the rice, thank you), but I've heard from everyone they wear well but don't hook like the MT's and BFG's.

MT Street ET's are not radials and if you drive your car on the street, you'll notice that right away...plus, you may always be worried about puncturing one and getting a flat. I think you can't go wrong with BFG's for street/strip use. Paul

I think your right about the BFG's.

I really don't worry about the rain I live in CA

19TTA89 said:
I hear alot of people say that the Nitto's are better in the rain,Since I have never owned a set of them,I will take everyones word for it.

But I can say that I got caught in a hell of a rain storm coming home from Maryland (to NJ),Rained the entire time,And I had no problems driving at 60-70mph the entire time in a Mid 10 sec car.On Mickey DR's

I think any of the Drag Radials work ok in the rain,You just have to remember to adjust your driving to the weather.(No 8psi launches from Traffic Lights.. ;) )

See rain almost doesn't exist in CA. lol
How do you drive your Mid 10 sec on the street my car is around mid 11 sec and it's all over the place even at 45mph with M/T Drag's :(

Not sure if your on your first set of M/T's but if the tred is low be very, very carfull it's like being on ICE in the rain.

Back