You can type here any text you want

whats max bore on 00016 block ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
not that Im looking to push it but just wondering whats the biggest bore recomended ?

Ive seen where some on here are running 4.020 bore is that it or have some gone bigger?

while I got you'lls attention anyone got any cheap stg 2 heads for sale ?

Red, isn't it 4.040? I'm sure some-one will correct me if I'm wrong.:)

Your message box is full. I've got a bunch of stage heads for sale and can probably find something that will fit your budget. I've run as much as 4.090 but my engines are n/a.

will clear out my pm box

I have a set local that showed up that im going to look at in next day or so but would like other options if the local set is not what I can use

emails are
redsttype@cox.net
redsbdassel@cox.net

wow looks like the blocks must have some meaty walls in them

Red,

I had one that was 4.060". I ended up selling it to Art Freemen a few years ago. I don't know if he ever used it. The max overbore would be dictated by the cylinder wall thickness. You really need to sonic check the block. Each block is different.

Neal

bore

Red, I just picked up a damaged, late, off center block. It is @ 4.030 now. Has one sleeve and a small piece brocken off the bottom of 2 other bores. I had it sonic tested before trying to decide what to do with it. The thinnest spot is .220. I am thinking about 6 sleeves and bringing the bore down to 3.900. That would give me over .300 wall. Beware of the early stage blocks with a Buick rear cap (cast and takes a Buick seal, not a Chevy seal). If you want more info--e-mail me direct.

Lee: My block has a cast rear cap but it looks to use the bb chevy seal

so would you call that a in between block ??

Ron Tarabori: can you try and resend the info on the heads?

Im thinking of half filling the block with hardblock and running it at 4.030 ... but I'll know more once its sonic tested

I have a bms crank at the shop now getting cut to 2.100 rod journals and a final stroke of 3.7 ... it was a 3.625 to start with
(main reason it had bad spun bearing damage on a rod journal and I didnt want to have it welded ) besides sb rods in all different lenths are easy to come up with

If I can get 4.030 safely it will net 283 cubes ... looking to build a real fast pump gas combo ...maybe toss a alky kit on it for a lil extra fun :D Im sure I'll crank it up a time or 2 to see what its made of but mainly want to not have to push it real hard all the time to go fast

picked up a fast system with wb to handle them duties

Im use to big head big cam high stall sb chevy cars so driveability is not a real issue for me

Well red did you get that thing sonic tested yet? If so, what did you find out?:confused:

working on finding a place for sonic testing that is not backed up on work

everyone I've talked to seems to be backed up and not sure when they would get to it ...I got a few more to get in contact with and hopefully someone can get to it soon

the machinest I use dont have a sonic tester they have another shop do sonic testing for them but thats one of the places thats backlogged

he should be bringing my crank by to me sometime over the weekend and picking up the block to pressure test it and mag it for cracks

anyone else in here running a crank cut down to 2.100 sb chevy rod journals?

Back