You can type here any text you want

what's the cleanest, cheapest way to keep the trunk from rattling?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
So, my MTX 8000 and Sony 760w amp is making my trunk dance! How do I keep the rattles down to a minimum with out spending a fortune on Dynamat and without looking trashy?

check out my post "$15 way to kill rattles" works awesome.

Just the lid...the only thing that is rattling is lid and license plate...which will be fixed tomorrow....

as far as the license plate put some pieces of dyno mat on the back, wont rattle anymore and sounds solid when it flips up. AND turn up the little adjusting nobs up as far as you can so that the trunk is still level with the body lines that will help, and of course new weatherstripping wouldnt hurt either

If your corner bump stops are adjusted correctly and you have weatherstripping then the deck lid won't rattle. Now, the little piece of metal between the deck lid and rear glass WILL rattle. Put either some dampening mat or some form of cloth between the mounting pads and the metal. That will eliminate that rattle completely.

hERE'S THE BEST WAY...and it's free:
.remove subs!

Sorry , couldn't help it.:D

They are threaded. If your deck lid is vibrating then screw each side out a little. Do this until the lid sits snug when closed.

Back