Whats the most boneheaded car thing youve ever done?

Well one of my friends hobby is collectiong junk cars and doing nothing with them and then sending them to the junk yard. well one night we were bored so we were all going to take a ride and bring the 88 camaro to the junk yard. well we did not have a tow truck or anything like that so we pushed it with my friends blazer, the camaro had two flats in the back so while it is being pushed we are going sideways and all you smell and see is rubber, the interior was all cut up and nothing was were it should be the windsheild was cracked very badly that all you had to do was tap it and it would break, well you have me in the pass. seat my friend steering it right to left just for fun and a retard on the roof. oh boy all we needed was a cop to see this, well we are under the EL and there are these pillars and i say to my friend i want the door to be bent so while were being pushed at around 30 mph i decide to swing the pass. door open and let it hit one of the pillars well dumb move, it hit the pillar then slammed the door closed so fast that the window blew out all over me and also made the drivers side window blow out to due to the force of the pass. door being closed me and my friend couldn't see anything and we both had cuts all over us.

I know this is a 15 year old post but whatever. Most boneheaded thing I've done to a car was when I replaced the water pump on my friends Cadillac and bolted everything up and went to throw away the box....the gasket was in the box. When I started the car, it was misting from the housing of the pump. Luckily, the trans went out like a month later and he never knew about the pump and it became a junk yard dog.

Way back in my young and stupid days, I took my brand spanking new Pontiac Ventura out for a drive. Well, I just had to take along my buddy Jack Daniels. There was a farmer who always planted his corn right out into the dirt road. I took it upon myself to harvest some of the corn by driving my nice new car along the edge of the road! The next morning I checked my car and was amazed at the lack of damage. All there was some corn stalks in the grill and a lot of sticky juice all over the front end. Lesson learned! Drop the Jack! Go to Jose Quervo instead!

well I use to have a 93 bronco with a 5.8 Windsor and that turck ( Da LIL mule ) was so much fun to drive on and off road, especially off road and on the beach nice short wheel base and was very difficult to get stuck. anyways I was always tinkering with it , one day I was cleaning the IAC and put it back on and closed the hood but not all the way as I was going to come back to it and do something else, well never came back to it . the next day I went for a drive and forgot the hood was just closed on the release lock and when I hit 50 mph on us 1 the freaking hood came off the safety latch and about came through the windshield , it bent the crap out of the hood where it was attached and I ended up jumping on it to bend it back down LOL it was never right again :p

A spectacularly smokey burnout at the strip with several of my friends, a couple of co-workers, my son and Lou Czarnota, the guy who built the car, all right there watching.................While in reverse........

During my time as a master tech, I came into work one morning and the car I had previously left on a lift was standing on it's back bumper. It was an older style lift with in-ground front and rear air cylinder. I had left work the previous night and not locked the valve to keep air pressure in the cylinders. During the night, the cylinders leaked down and left the entire front end of the car hanging and teetering on a 2 ton tripod jack. Surprisingly, I didn't get fired. Then there was the time I had the bright idea of spinning a MAC tools frisbee on a die grinder which landed an ambulance in the service drive 30 minutes later. Obviously this was all when I was younger but the guys bought me a new frisbee off of the MAC tool truck and wrote "NOT TO EXCEED 25,000 RPM's" and left it on my tool box.

attempt to drive my car home in the snow with nittos. also, a long time ago after replacing my turbo{1st time} insstalled maf sensor backwards.took me a whole freakin day to figure out.:mad: :D
I’ve done the same with the maf after putting new heads on. Took me a week to figure it out.

Whats the most boneheaded car thing youve ever done?

Only one?

Hmmm...

My Buick usually draws blood.

I resorted to one of these to assist with loosening the driver's side lower rear shock mount once.
I was real cold laying on the concrete & losing my patience.

Nice dark purple half circle from midway up my left index finger around the web of my hand down to my thumb. o_O:cry:

Ever heard a frightened Chihuahua?

F Chihuahua's.

I kick (PUNT) their little asses on a regular basis.......... the more triple the-end-to end twirl, the better............

I'm such a baddass! :p

Honestly, I would never kick an animal........

My brother had a super nice 67 Cougar he got in January of 72. He wanted to lift the rear up and was too cheap to buy air shocks or even the dreaded shackles. So he put it on a lift to extend the shocks and bolted u-joint clamps to the top of the shock.
So now the thing hasn't any shocking action and rode like a locomotive. After a couple of weeks the shocks busted right through the rear floor.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Just one of his many many escapades in the auto world.
Me, similar experience as the doctor. Had a brand new 97 chevy p/u and did something simple and left the hood on that first latch. Luckily it flew open at maybe 10-15mph and only put 2 tiny creases where the hood hinges were.

F Chihuahua's.

I kick (PUNT) their little asses on a regular basis.......... the more triple the-end-to end twirl, the better............

Then you must know the sound I made.

F Chihuahua's.

I bet you're the kind of guy that would leave the plunger in Helen Keller's toilet!

i left a rag under hood of friend/customer car a month ago, on a test drive....... i put fire out just in time, but not soon enough.

It's a long list of boneheaded things I've done to or in cars. Thankfully most of that is behind me. Lol.

Here's a recent one. My son begs me to install this hood deflector on his new leased Silverado pickup. As is normal with my son, I had to do it "now" with little planning. Ok.

So, near the center, underneath the hood, I had to drill two little holes to help secure the deflector. Well..... I drilled just enough to go all the way through and pop out the top side of the hood. I close the hood and was like "wtf are those marks on the hood!" I drilled right through the Aluminum hood!!!

Couldn't leave it like that so off to the body shop. [emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back in the day I had a 68 Camaro with a big block and a four speed. Traditional 70's style build with shackles to raise the rear to clear too big L60 tires on Keystone Klassic mags and way too much power for my boneheaded young self. Anyway, boneheaded thing number one was that I had no back brakes on the car and being a poor kid with the desire to drive being stronger than the desire for preservation of life I drove it for weeks in that state. Well it was like having a permanent line lock and the car was a burn out machine that way. It was pretty easy to control in a burn out and I thought I was so good that I could write my name with the car.
To continue the boneheaded trend, our towns favorite hang out at the time was a new McDonalds that had a speed bump in the back part of the parking lot and when all of the hotrodder crowd cleared the speed bump they would spin the tires just a little for the on lookers. I came by and when I started spinning I stabbed the brakes and threw the back of the car to the side in my best smoke show. Problem was that I stayed in it a little too long and when I reached the end I realized I was not going to be able to stop in time if I tried to straighten up to make the turn out of the lot. I did the only thing that I could think of and stayed in it, throwing the rear end even farther around in to a 180, missing the split rail fence at the end, and headed towards the curb. I went up on the curb and kept spinning through the grass, plowing it like the back forty, and on into the smaller front parking lot, leaving posi tracks every where I went. Once I cleared the small lot I stopped the burnout and drove on like PeeWee Herman. "I meant to do that. Huh huh." Thankfully no one was in the way and there was no damage done to the car but I borrowed enough money from my brother and fixed the brakes the next day. I was so embarrassed that I self exiled myself from McDonalds for about 6 months hoping that no body would remember what I had done.