whats the top speed of these motors?

Engine RPM or vehicle MPH?

The stock TR engine is only good to around 5200 rpm. As far as top vehicle speed, that depends on what body style it's in. The TTA, no doubt, has the potential to go faster than a Regal brick with the same engine.

And if you start modifying the engine, well, the sky's the limit.:p

Top speed....

Depends...a pure bone stock car will top out at 128, because the stock chip is limited to that. Most aftermarket chips will go much much farther...a bone stock GN with a aftermarket chip should be abel to hit upwards of 140-150, not going to guarantee the ride will be pleasent...These cars are not aerodynamicly designed to maintian high speeds, I have personally had my car up to 150, reading off of Turbo Link...it had alot left, but the thought of a blown tire made me back down. A good running GN , with Z rated tires, shouldn't have a problem of hitting 150 it will just depend on how gutsy u are. a TTA will whoop ass in top end...heh... :cool:

well i plan on dropping one of these motors in a 93 formula firebird. i have a t56 in it right now, trying to figure out why i wouldnt want to retain it as everyone tells me to dump it as well. so i think the ride up wards of 150 mph would eb comfortable in a f body. thanks

There are several guys on here with TTA's that have run over 180. Bone stock I believe they were good for 160+ and that is with an automatic with a .70 overdrive and 3.27 gears.

Magazine road tests of the tta from 1989 peg the top speed between 158 and 167.

This is with the cat and the stock chip...stock everything.

A near stock TTA won the silver state challenge in 1990 or 91.