You can type here any text you want

What's this for?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PSID6

image.jpeg Was working on the car and found this connector on the left cut and was stuffed down in the fender by the antenna. What was that used for?

Heater control. It feeds the blower motor and the blue wire on the connector goes to the blower switch on the dash. Your blower motor won't work without that red power feed.

Heater control. It feeds the blower motor and the blue wire on the connector goes to the blower switch on the dash. Your blower motor won't work without that red power feed.
That's weird everything works like it should,inside the car. But I did remove an old alarm system,remote start and stereo stuff. Someone must have bypassed it some how. Oh the joys of a multiple owner car.

The fat red wire should go direct to the fusible link A at the starter it provides power to the high speed fan relay for the blower silver relay near the blower motor, check that wiring to see whats on the car now.

The blue should be the feed from the car to the A/C cycling relay the connector is called C497.

I'd bet the car doesn't have working A/C at this time....

Ever figure out what that one plug was for? I restored my harness and before the harness was removed everything worked as it should, ac, high speed fan.... after i pulled the inner fender i found the same plug. Figured it was for an option i dont have like digital dash or climate control.

Ever figure out what that one plug was for? I restored my harness and before the harness was removed everything worked as it should, ac, high speed fan.... after i pulled the inner fender i found the same plug. Figured it was for an option i dont have like digital dash or climate control.
SalvageV6 gave a description of what it was for. My car is currently in pieces but will try to fix all the hacked wiring as it goes back together.

Back