Whats your take on putting a Dutt Neck on our intercoolers? ---

alwayscode390

I bought a Duttweiler Neck to put on my TTA's stock intercooler.

Then I started thinking it may be unnecessary for my build since they are already good intercoolers ... and they are TTA specific so they are rare , right?

My build will be Champion Ported Heads, roller cam, and a te-44 with a 3" downpipe.

What do you think I should do ... stay stock or slap on the Dutt Neck?

My suggestion would be to find a GN/T-Type intercooler and put the neck on that. Save the TTA one for going back original. The difference is marginal between the cores, but the neck install is well worth it. I gained 2 pounds of boost without touching my boost controller.
Just my 2 cents.

JB

Yeah dutt neck ic's pop up for sale every once in a while. Just keep an eye on the parts for sale section and ebay

The Dutt Neck is a well worth it mod if you can do it for a reasonable cost. Fortunately for me, my dad's friend at work is a welder so he welded it for me pretty much for free. I did the prep work to fit it and the post weld work.

If you're going to do it, buy a GN IC so you don't hack up the TTA one. I bought a GN IC for I think $50 bucks and then bought the Dutt Neck, I had less than $100 and some of my own work tied up in it. Definitely felt the improvements, and as Fastair6 said, I too gained 2 psi easily as well as faster spool up.

Then add it to Alky as Grumpy said, nice combo. On a side note, another nice mod that gains faster spool up is the RJC boost control valve that sits between the turbo and wastegate. I have that, the Dutt Neck and Alky and I think it's a nice combo.

I will look into the RJC Boost Control Valve ... I have never heard of that before.

Thank you guys for all the advice :) ---

My suggestion would be to find a GN/T-Type intercooler and put the neck on that. Save the TTA one for going back original. The difference is marginal between the cores, but the neck install is well worth it. I gained 2 pounds of boost without touching my boost controller.
Just my 2 cents.

JB

So the GN intercooler with the dutt neck is going to out perform the stock TTA one ... sounds good to me.

Are the stock TTA intercoolers worth any money? ---

I did the Dutt neck. I think it helps. The stock crimped neck has to prevent the compressor from spinning easier with less resistance/back pressure in my mind. Besides it's really cheap to do and easy. I even had mine polished since it was out of the car. Looks meaty with the bigger neck.

intercooler.jpg
bluewires2.jpg

That looks pretty neat ... on SYTY's we run manual or electronic boost controllers , is this RJC valve supposed to be used in conjunction with a separate boost controller or just with the stock setup? ---

That looks pretty neat ... on SYTY's we run manual or electronic boost controllers , is this RJC valve supposed to be used in conjunction with a separate boost controller or just with the stock setup? ---
Thanks,
I think the RJC works with the stock set-up, I actually am using an HKS boost control, but lots of Buick guys use the RJC with happy results

is this RJC valve supposed to be used in conjunction with a separate boost controller or just with the stock setup? ---

The RJC I believe can be used either way. All it does is prevents the wastegate (which is controlled by boost pressure) from receiving a boost signal until a certain psi is met on the RJC boost controller.

Here's a pic of how I have mine installed on my car. Notice there's the line off the turbo to the wastegate. The RJC sits inline with this line.

Attachments

• AC repair 006.jpg
    AC repair 006.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 252